Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Strike Zone on or off when hitting? (/forums/showthread.php?t=414694)

DJ 05-14-2010 03:04 PM

Strike Zone on or off when hitting?

Curious if people leave the strike zone on or off while hitting? I like that when you have it on, you will sometimes get a clue as to what pitch is coming (almost like a guess pitch feature but it's triggered automatically), but at times, it can make hitting too easy.

DaveMN 05-14-2010 06:12 PM

Re: Strike Zone on or off when hitting?

I've turned it off and never looked back. I think you get a better look at the pitch without all the distractions.

JayhawkerStL 05-14-2010 07:23 PM

I turned it off right away, but have gone back to using it. I think the guess pitch is a nice feature. I still preferred the 2K8 version of the batter's eye. You can turn batter's eye on, but it's nit nearly as useful.

What I found with the guess pitch stuff is that it helps me view the pitch as a ball or strike. I find that I take a lot more pitches with it on. I would go back to turning it off if I thought hitting was too easy. But instead, it has just made hitting more fun and I get more realistic results.

Aesthetically, I'd prefer to have it off.

MoleDude 05-17-2010 12:59 AM

I've gone back and forth on this one, but am leaving it on for now. I definitely prefer it to be off because like Jayhawker said it looks better, and honestly I think I'm much better at taking pitches without it. I leave it on because I have a serious problem hitting anything offspeed, I see no difference between a 95 mph fastball and a 75 mph curveball out of a pitchers hand.