Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   All I know is... (/forums/showthread.php?t=414803)

Buckeyes_Doc 05-15-2010 09:56 PM

Re: All I know is...

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2041064948)
nice trash talkin with ya my frin...now let's await Sept.11

I can't wait I'm hoping for a hell of a game.:boxing:

Scott812313 05-15-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc (Post 2041064915)
No one was payed off.

And the better team won, that is all.

Laughable. No team in college football history had more pro talent than the U from 2000-2003. Their backfield was a joke with Portis, Mcgahee, Gore and Davenport. They had Andre Johnson, Sinorice Moss and Roscoe Parrish. They had Shockey and K2. Defense they had Wilfork, Joseph, DJ Williams, Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Jonathan Vilma, Phillip Buchanon, Mike Rumph, Antrel Rolle, Kelly Jennings, Orien Harris and Jerome Mcdougle. Almost forgot 2 starting left tackles in the NFL, Bryant Mckinnie and Vernon Carey, along with a QB that went 38-2 in his career. OSU counters with a guy that sells used cars in Columbus at QB and a guy rotting in prison at RB. There is no argument who the better team was.

ctindal21 05-15-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc (Post 2041064953)
I can't wait I'm hoping for a hell of a game.:boxing:

me too but one thing i am truly happy for and that is that the game is at 330 and not primetime because that would make it a whole lot more difficult for us...

BIGD419 05-15-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 2041064960)
me too but one thing i am truly happy for and that is that the game is at 330 and not primetime because that would make it a whole lot more difficult for us...

I don't think it's 110% for sure yet, but I'll bet whatever with whoever that it's a prime time game. Don't worry though, we'll be down in Miami next year in primetime I'm sure, so I guess it's all fair.

ctindal21 05-15-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott812313 (Post 2041064958)
Laughable. No team in college football history had more pro talent than the U from 2000-2003. Their backfield was a joke with Portis, Mcgahee, Gore and Davenport. They had Andre Johnson, Sinorice Moss and Roscoe Parrish. They had Shockey and K2. Defense they had Wilfork, Joseph, DJ Williams, Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Jonathan Vilma, Phillip Buchanon, Mike Rumph, Antrel Rolle, Kelly Jennings, Orien Harris and Jerome Mcdougle. Almost forgot 2 starting left tackles in the NFL, Bryant Mckinnie and Vernon Carey, along with a QB that went 38-2 in his career. OSU counters with a guy that sells used cars in Columbus at QB and a guy rotting in prison at RB. There is no argument who the better team was.

i was going to go there but decided not to, way to have my back man...:cheers:

Buckeyes_Doc 05-15-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Since when is how good a college team is, based on how their players turned out in the NFL? Miami had a ton of talent no doubt about it, but you can't win on talent alone.

ctindal21 05-15-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc (Post 2041064972)
Since when is how good a college team is based on how their player turned out in the NFL?

that's why i didnt go there...

BIGD419 05-15-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Congrats, Miami had the better group of players.

Group of players =/= Team

I'm not gonna say who did or don't have the better TEAM, because it's truly impossible to tell. But I will say that the better TEAM doesn't always win. Ask the Patriots. I Laurent if they replay that SB with the Gaints 19 times they win at least 8 of them.