Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   SFL Online Franchise (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   buccaneer blog (/forums/showthread.php?t=415246)

TWOSILK 05-18-2010 01:25 PM

buccaneer blog

Stuart Scott sits down with Tampa Bay head coach Twosilk to address this up coming season with the bucs to see where
the team is headed, and explain this offseason

Stuart- hey coach long time no see!

Twosilk- yeah not since that night at club boom-boom, oh never mind, so have have you been,
do you still talk to the twins from that night, sorry off topic, but life is good, ready to
finally get back between the chalk lines.

Stuart- So coach how do you feel your offseason went??

Twosilk- I think it went well, we filled some major holes, and made several moves that I think make us a better team
than last year.

Stuart- Speaking of last year, you made some moves that were question not only by the press, but the rest of ACQB, what
if anything do you have to say about those moves?

Twosilk- I have caught more flack for moving a ineffective Calvin Johnson then I ever thought that I would, he was asking
for the ball more than my offensive gameplan ever called for, I am a big fan of using everybody, not just throwing the ball
to one player over 100 times a year. I like for the defense to have to account for everybody, not just one superstar. If
Jonathon Stewart had run like he did in Carolina we would not be having this conversation, but he didn't so I sent him
and his soft butt to Jacksonville, maybe the foul smell of that city will wake up his talent.

Stuart- You traded Calvin to a division rival, why??

Twosilk- Bayern traded Stewart to a divisional rival, why not ask him the same question!!

Stuart- What do you expect from your team this year??

Twosilk- not sure, everybody seemed to get better on the offensive side of the ball, I have to be able to get off the field
on third down this year, and with the rooks, Jamel Hale, and Allen Walters, they will help with that, also picking up
Adalius Thomas to bring heat from the outside will help alot.

Stuart- What will this years buc team look like this season??

Twosilk- the downfield pass is now a option after picking up Carson Palmer, and the emergence of second year player
Seantrel Blakely, last year we had to scrap any downfield plays due to Josh Freemans lack of accuracy, and that made
my playcalling very predictable, but this year after hiring new coordinators, on both sides of the ball, expect to see
some shots down field, but we will be a running team first this season, just to keep the potent offenses in out division
off the field.

Thanks for your time Twosilk, if anyone has any other questions for coach/gm/owner Twosilk, feel free to post them in the
blog, as this will be updated thruout the season.

TheKingOfVa 05-18-2010 02:03 PM

Re: buccaneer blog

Good read! Who is this Andre player that you traded in division? :confused:

sb24 05-18-2010 03:40 PM

Good stuff. I hope it goes as well as you hope for.

TWOSILK 05-18-2010 05:44 PM

Week one, bucs against the superbowl champs, maybe we can have them underestimate us, and steal a win, but a great test for our new defense.

TheKingOfVa 05-18-2010 05:51 PM

I don't underestimate the Bucs. You did a great job remaking that roster.

ANDROMADA 1 05-18-2010 07:15 PM

I stopped reading right after the quote where you said Calvin Johnson was "ineffective". I almost threw up a little in my mouth. Other than that nice blog.:smile:

TWOSILK 05-18-2010 11:04 PM

Game one-

Bucs VS chiefs

The bucs look to pull the upset against the superbowl champs, but it was not to be as the Chiefs showed why the won the superbowl last year, with their relentless pressure, on QB Carson Palmer they were able to force 3 ints, and 6 sacks, and held the bucs to 33 yards rushing. the bucs gave up a kickoff return to start the game, and then were down 14-0 quickly, but did not give up as they made a game of it for 3 quarters, but until the bucs figure out how to bring pressure like the big boys, they will not be competitive in this league, back to the drawing board.

TWOSILK 05-23-2010 10:16 AM

Week 2

Bucs Vs. Eagles

This game got simmed, DCMC was having family issues, (hope all is well), and I was celebrating my wedding anniversary.

The sim bucs take this one 21-14 over the sim eagles, The bucs had a 21-0 lead at the end of three quarters behing 3 TD passes from Carson Palmer, but decided to get ultra conserative, and allow the Eagles offense to get rolling, and score two touchdowns in the fourth quarter, but hold on for their first victory of the season.

Key stats

Eagles go 1-3 in the redzone
Carson Palmer 22-32 210 yards, and ZERO Ints, great bounceback game for him.
Adalius Thomas leads the team in tackles with 6 first time in over 10 games that the bucs leading tackler was not Mack Jackson.
Deion Miller 18 carries for 88 yards.
Reggie Wayne 7 catches for 82 yards and a touchdown.

And the good news is no one got hurt on either team.

The bucs get their bye week this week, so that means 14 straight games, starting with the currently 2-0 seahawks, next week in a battle of the 1976 expansion teams.