Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Basketball Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   EA Sports NBA Jam Mega Info Dump (/forums/showthread.php?t=415352)

Steve_OS 05-19-2010 08:37 AM

EA Sports NBA Jam Mega Info Dump

IGN has just posted their EA Sports NBA Jam mega info dump.

Quote:

"The team on delivering over 100 unlockables (including Big Head Mode out of the gate), the possibility of online play, the achievement system and how NBA Jam's like Punch-Out!!"

SmashMan 05-19-2010 11:19 AM

Re: EA Sports NBA Jam Mega Info Dump

Thanks for the link, it's a good read. Every interview sounds like it comes from guys who know what NBA Jam was; and are really passionate about recreating that. It sounds great. While I'm disappointed that it isn't on PS3 (yet?), at least it looks like I'll be buying a new game for my rarely used Wii.

Aimbrogn 05-19-2010 10:09 PM

I barely had any interest in this game at all prior to reading this article but I have to admit that I am intrigued. The legendary players/boss battles is really cool. I have such great memories playing the original NBA Jam with my friends on the SNES and at the arcades. I still own the original & Tournament Edition and I pop it in from time to time. The Charlotte Hornets with Alonzo Mourning, Grandmama, & Dell Curry were my team.

donkey33 05-20-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Trey Smith: "We're going to have Magic and Larry Bird, but the one additional thing I can give you: if you're playing with your favourite original team in the original Jam, chances are you're going to be able to play with them in this. So if you had a favourite match-up back in the day? Chances are you're going to be able to play with those guys."
What does that mean? Old rosters?

FlyRice 05-20-2010 02:44 AM

When is this game coming out? Seems like the rosters will already be outdated by the time it releases.

I really want this on the PS3. :y220:

JWiLL55au 05-20-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donkey33 (Post 2041079215)
What does that mean? Old rosters?

I know!?!?! Surely not. Aren't classic rosters becoming increasingly impractical owing to the fact that once a player retires, the rights to his likeness are entirely his own (and not able to be 'bought' through the players association). This would mean EA would have to sign individual likeness deals with all of these guys right?

This would be a massive get if they could get a good number of classic teams that aren't necessarily HOFers. I always enjoyed playing with the most obscure combos (ie Jon Koncak and Mullin in Hangtime for the N64 :wink:).

hokupguy 05-20-2010 04:17 PM

looks fun my 8 yr old wants this game for the Wii, I hope they also put it out on the 360...