Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Are you the AD or Coach? (/forums/showthread.php?t=416095)

MSU124 05-24-2010 04:18 PM

Are you the AD or Coach?

This threat got me thinking:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ake-right.html

Do you consider yourself the coach of your team or the AD? Would you rather hire a new coach when your coach leaves OR move around schools?

Special27K 05-24-2010 04:27 PM

Re: Are you the AD or Coach?

That's a great question actually. While I'd enjoy the change an AD mode would bring I like to have the freedom to change my system when I want instead of finding a coach who fits my beliefs or recruiting to fit that coaches beliefs.

Though I don't like changing schools often I love the staying power at one school AD mode can bring. It adds more things you can do with your program and such.

Though the main appeal to the Coaching Carousel to me is that I'm not the only coach moving jobs. That schools philosophy change and they'd recruit different kinds of players.

Watson 05-24-2010 04:28 PM

Coach, but i'd probably play as both.

Husker88Chief 05-24-2010 04:40 PM

I feel like I'm the coach. I'd like it if there was an assistant coach carousel to go along with it. Even if it's just OC and DC. It'd be great to see your own coaching family blossom like the Patriots' or Bill Parcells'.

DonkeyJote 05-24-2010 04:42 PM

I'd rather be an AD. If I pick a team for my dynasty, I want to stick with that team and build them up to be great, not build them up enough so I can leave. I'd like to be able to get coaches coordinators and have that impact recruiting.

Ziza9Noles94 05-24-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSU124 (Post 2041095132)
This threat got me thinking:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ake-right.html

Do you consider yourself the coach of your team or the AD? Would you rather hire a new coach when your coach leaves OR move around schools?

I'm more of a coach. I'd rather move around to different teams, pick my staff/assistants, and recruit like crazy than set stadium seat sizes, respond top violations, or negotiate home/home games.

DonkeyJote 05-24-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94 (Post 2041095286)
I'm more of a coach. I'd rather move around to different teams, pick my staff/assistants, and recruit like crazy than set stadium seat sizes, respond top violations, or negotiate home/home games.

See, the scheduling of home/home games is something I really want in the game. I've never really liked how you do your whole schedule in August right before the season starts. I'd love to be able to get your schedule going years in advance. Oregon has at least one game already scheduled for every year until 2019! That'd be great to have in the game.

prowler 05-24-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonkeyJote (Post 2041095204)
I'd rather be an AD. If I pick a team for my dynasty, I want to stick with that team and build them up to be great, not build them up enough so I can leave. I'd like to be able to get coaches coordinators and have that impact recruiting.

If Teambuilder didn't exist I might have said coach, but since I created my team from scratch I have no interest in leaving. However I would absoultely love it if my coaches left and I had to continually rebuild my program.