Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Differences in PS3 version? (/forums/showthread.php?t=416202)

DJ 05-25-2010 10:46 AM

Differences in PS3 version?

I just picked this game up again, this time for the PS3 since I just got a 250gb Slim last week.

I remember people posting that there were a couple of differences (I think in the sliders or gameplay options) between the PS3 and 360 versions but can't remember what they were. Can someone refresh my memory?

Valdarez 05-25-2010 11:46 AM

Re: Differences in PS3 version?

PS3 didn't get the XBox 360 patch. So HBs break tackles more easily. FG Glitch may still be there (not sure if it was on the PS3 or specific to XBox 360). Arrow will move on Legend Lobby games. Legend Lobby will be easier on PS3 than 360 (sliders were slightly modified to up OL and make breaking tackles harder). I believe strafing is on by default on PS3 too (it's off on 360 post patch).

Might be a couple of more, but those are the big ones I remember.

DJ 05-25-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdarez (Post 2041098118)
PS3 didn't get the XBox 360 patch. So HBs break tackles more easily. FG Glitch may still be there (not sure if it was on the PS3 or specific to XBox 360). Arrow will move on Legend Lobby games. Legend Lobby will be easier on PS3 than 360 (sliders were slightly modified to up OL and make breaking tackles harder). I believe strafing is on by default on PS3 too (it's off on 360 post patch).

Might be a couple of more, but those are the big ones I remember.

That's right, there was no patch for the PS3. Game is still lots of fun though but you are right, the HB's definitely do break more tackles.

samari2185 05-25-2010 01:57 PM

The PS3 version runs at 30fps, but it's not a huge deal.

sportyguyfl31 05-25-2010 03:51 PM

Auto Strafe is a royal pain.

DJ 05-25-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31 (Post 2041099157)
Auto Strafe is a royal pain.

Can't you turn that off? Or does the option not work properly? I'm pretty sure I have it set to Off.

The 30fps doesn't bother me. I don't really notice it during the play, so that's good.

Trustpt 05-27-2010 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djwlfpack (Post 2041099217)
Can't you turn that off? Or does the option not work properly? I'm pretty sure I have it set to Off.

The 30fps doesn't bother me. I don't really notice it during the play, so that's good.

Always on online. :brickwall

DJ 06-17-2010 11:30 AM

Been playing this game more recently and falling in love all over again. Like I mentioned, you really don't notice the 30fps much at all during the game.

I don't know what all the patch fixed on the 360 version, but I don't notice much of a difference between the 360 and the PS3 version, outside of the running backs breaking some extra tackles. The CPU run game feels more dangerous on the PS3 version and I like that. Post-patch on the 360 I felt the star RB's were too watered down.

I'm trying to use players that I haven't used before and that makes it fun as you try and figure out what that specific players' strengths and weaknesses are.

My team that I'm taking into Season Mode looks like this:

Gold: Gayle Sayers, HB
Gold: Dick Butkus, ILB

Silver: John Jefferson, WR
Silver: Len Dawson, QB
Silver: Jack Tatum, SS

Bronze: Charlie Waters, FS
Bronze: William Perry, DT
Bronze: John Anderson, OLB
Bronze: Cliff Branch, WR
Bronze: Korey Stringer, T
Bronze: Tony Boselli, T

Playing on Legend difficulty, 8-minute quarters with acclerated clock.