Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Which Text-Sims Need to Make a Comeback? (/forums/showthread.php?t=416212)

RaychelSnr 05-25-2010 12:17 PM

Which Text-Sims Need to Make a Comeback?

Text sims have always been, and likely always will be, a niche market. I will be shocked if you ever see an Out of the Park Baseball TV commercial during the World Series or a Front Office Football ad run during the Super Bowl. But even though their market share in the big picture of sports gaming will always be small, text-sim fans are loyal -- sometimes even obsessive. When we like something, we support it.

There are a number of long-running text sims on the market right now that have enjoyed a fair amount of critical acclaim. However, there are others that had a lot going for them yet never broke through for whatever reason and were discontinued. I have put together a list of three text sims that I would like to see resurrected. In addition, I am interested in hearing from all the loyal readers out there about discontinued text sims you folks would like to see make a comeback.

Read More - Which Text-Sims Need to Make a Comeback?

ImTellinTim 05-25-2010 06:44 PM

Re: Which Text-Sims Need to Make a Comeback?

I had the last version of Eastside Hockey Manager. SI needs to bring that back in a bad way. If they could bring the more user-friendly interface and 3-d match engine they've come up with for Football Manager since then, I'd never leave the house.

The only thing EHM would be missing right off the bat is the massive community that comes up with custom graphics and mods for FM. But that would build over time if they released it every year.

thegoons21 05-26-2010 12:28 AM

Eastside Hockey. If it kept pace with FM in terms of additions I'd never leave the house either. There is a decent community over at - http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/portal.php that do a great job keeping the old game updated with graphics, backgrounds, rosters, and the like. I'm sure they'd do the same with a new iteration.

duckfever8 05-26-2010 01:44 AM

Eastside Hockey Manager's a great game. Got to bring that back with new features. It's still fun with the mods and such, but some new features would be nice.

CMH 05-27-2010 11:53 AM

Agreed on EHM. I had some fun with that game for a while. Not really a huge hockey fan so it didn't last long, but the game was deep.

I played Jump Shot a long, long time ago. I should give it another shot. Forgot about that one.

KBLover 05-27-2010 10:02 PM

RIP BBPro and FBPro.

Loved both of those games. Too bad Sierra was one of the not-so-good publishers that thought fishing and what not were better sports games to have over baseball and football.

EHM was interesting too. I had never played any kind of hockey sim and am not terribly knowledgeable in the sport. I certainly had no idea on what good players were for what positions/lines, etc. But I was able to play half decently in an on-line league or two with this game.

06woz 06-01-2010 04:00 PM

I'm still having fun with NHL EHM 07. I would like to see it make a comeback.

Toro 06-01-2010 06:17 PM

I liked Lance Haffner's 3-in-1 college football...a new version would be sweet.