Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Backbreaker Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   Roster editor possible - But I'll need some help (/forums/showthread.php?t=417437)

eaglesfan17 06-01-2010 07:26 PM

Roster editor possible - But I'll need some help

So, by simply opening a roster file in a hex editor, I'm able to manipulate player ratings very easily and get them back in the game with no issues. Now, with that in mind, in order to make this available to the community, I'll need someone who has some programming experience to help me out.

All we need to do is be able to manipulate simple hex files and save them. So we'll just need a GUI which displays the information from the hex files and allows the user to change the data.

Myself, I have absolutely zero programming experience (I'm a network engineer :y1: ), so I'm reaching out to the community to see if we have anyone who can help out :)

Here is an example of what I'm seeing in the hex editor (the player's name is Donte Byrd):

http://img689.imageshack.us/i/bbpic1.jpg/

Here is the section related the the player's rating:

http://img34.imageshack.us/i/bbpic2.jpg/

The ratings are in the following order:
Speed, Strength, Agility, Focus

This player's ratings are:
58, 65, 56, 81

mrjordan 06-01-2010 07:30 PM

Re: Roster editor possible - But I'll need some help

Wow I'd be happy to help but don't have any experience with coding.
I'll lend a hand with rosters though when it's time for that.
Great find!

You should post this on the backbreaker.com forum too!
MJ

theDude47 06-01-2010 07:52 PM

Man, if you can find someone to help develop a GUI, we'll be in business. This could really change a lot of people's outlook on the game if they can finally edit their player's abilities. I so wish I could code right now. Search the backbreaker.com forum for more help from people.

fldash 06-01-2010 08:02 PM

Hey, I can help. I'm curious what file type the saves are in? I tried to open a PS3 save game bbteam14 file in a hex editor and I didn't see anything discernible...

If you have IM capabilities get me on xfire: fldash

We can probably do a quick front end in C#.

You are probably only talking about 360 saves though...<div_prefs id="div_prefs"></div_prefs><div_prefs id="div_prefs"></div_prefs><div_prefs id="div_prefs"></div_prefs>

NoDakHusker 06-01-2010 08:02 PM

This is groundbreaking! or maybe backbreaking
I'm not so knowledgeable with code...but man if we can get something for those of us not so skilled with the code, that could change a lot of things. A LOT.

eaglesfan17 06-01-2010 08:48 PM

I have only seen an Xbox 360 save, as it's the only console I have, so at least initially, I'll be looking to develop something for only the 360.

bowld 06-01-2010 08:55 PM

this is great..and bad

great for some who want to make legit nfl teams..bad because all this will do is enable everyone to have SUPER teams online with all 99 players!

eaglesfan17 06-01-2010 09:00 PM

Yeah, I considered that bowld...unfortunately, there's no good way to get around that fact. Plus, the game doesn't re-calculate overall values when you edit the players outside of the game (I don't believe), so there would be no way of telling whether a user is using a stacked team or not.

I'm sure we can figure out a solution to this eventually, but for now, I'll work with whatever we can get.