Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   EA Locker Rumor (/forums/showthread.php?t=417495)

mr janny 06-01-2010 11:28 PM

EA Locker Rumor

There are some folks I have been talking to that insist that there is decent possibility that EA is going to be forced to remove the ability to edit and share roster files in NCAA11 due to the pending lawsuits that have been brought against them over using player likenesses. I have not heard anything to suggest that this is the case, but does anyone know for sure? Has anyone heard anything to the contrary? Just curious.

Lava 06-01-2010 11:29 PM

Re: EA Locker Rumor

There's a possibility that it could happen, I suppose, if Keller wins the lawsuit. It won't happen this year, though.

AirLobo23 06-01-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr janny (Post 2041127235)
There are some folks I have been talking to that insist that there is decent possibility that EA is going to be forced removed the ability to edit and share roster files in NCAA11 due to the pending lawsuits that have been brought against them over using player likenesses. I have not heard anything to suggest that this is the case, but does anyone know for sure? Has anyone heard anything to the contrary? Just curious.

Where are the folks u have been talking to getting their info from?

BamaBruce 06-01-2010 11:39 PM

hope it never happens. so stupid, IMO, for people to complain about this!

mr janny 06-01-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirLobo23 (Post 2041127248)
Where are the folks u have been talking to getting their info from?

no idea. "message boards" is the answer I got. I don't think there is anything to this rumor, because you would figure it would have shown up on OS by now. I was just curious to hear if anyone else had heard it.

str8artist 06-01-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr janny (Post 2041127302)
no idea. "message boards" is the answer I got. I don't think there is anything to this rumor, because you would figure it would have shown up on OS by now. I was just curious to hear if anyone else had heard it.

Why make a thread about a rumor???? :nocomprende:

Sting 06-01-2010 11:46 PM

I would be done playing college titles. I've been hearing this "rumor" for about 7 years now though.

prowler 06-01-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr janny (Post 2041127235)
There are some folks I have been talking to that insist that there is decent possibility that EA is going to be forced to remove the ability to edit and share roster files in NCAA11 due to the pending lawsuits that have been brought against them over using player likenesses. I have not heard anything to suggest that this is the case, but does anyone know for sure? Has anyone heard anything to the contrary? Just curious.

I heard if you drink pop rocks with soda it'll kill you.