Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Basketball Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   NBA Inside Drive 2000 (Don't laugh!) (/forums/showthread.php?t=418069)

cdadare 06-05-2010 02:22 PM

NBA Inside Drive 2000 (Don't laugh!)

Alright, I'm going to start off with a quick statement . . . please don't ask why I'm discussing Inside Drive 2000, I have my reasons.

Whenever the NBA Playoffs roll around, I get that urge to play my vintage NBA PC games (I'm sure a few can relate). Now, I'm pretty much a cheap skate, so like many of us, I like FREE stuff, like updates to my older games and I even just recently purchased NBA LIVE 06 off Amazon for about six bucks! You can't beat that!

Back in the day, when ID2K came out, it was about the coolest thing on earth. OPERATION SPORTS & HIGH VOLTAGE ENTERTAINMENT had a good thing going. They provided awesome graphic and roster updates and there was even an ID Editor that someone created to modify player ratings (believe me this was a cool thing back in 2000).

Anyway, I believe Brian Summers was responsible for many of the files that Operation Sports released. Also, Rykbowski and KCody were heavily involved and Steve Bethel provided many of the team court and jersey graphics.

My question to the folks out there in this community is do we have any of these files archived? If so, I would be interested in them. Especially the ID Editor.

youvalss 06-05-2010 02:47 PM

Re: NBA Inside Drive 2000 (Don't laugh!)

Never knew about the files you're talking about, but I played A LOT of NBA ID 2000 on my PC. And there was once a site that I found that had updates for the game: rosters + cyberfaces +uniforms and stuff. The problem was that the game crashed many times because of these modifications. I just can't find the site.

And I did have an editor, now I remember! In order to trade a player you had to do it with the editor - putting him on another team, then taking another player and putting him on another team etc. I remember downloading Kenyon Martin's face and Tsakalidis and others, wanted to update the game so bad! I remember downloading the Suns new uniforms (back then) and was so excited to get all the updates.

But after working like 2 hours on all the updates - the game CRASHED! I was so mad! I tried it several times, but probably one of the actions I did always caused it to crash. Maybe it worked for you better...

By the way, do you know that in this game players can't have different accesories on different arms? For example, they must have a wrist band on both arms or none at all. That's because the arms and legs along with the body (I think) are one file, and each file is actually half of a player (one arm, half body and one leg, or something like that), so the game puts it together like a mirror and you see both halfs. I was pretty angry when I found that out because I couldn't give a player only one elbow pad etc...
I remember making low socks for some of the players that for some reason had high socks, but sometimes it crashed my game.
Tried recently to run it on Vista but couldn't. Found also a fix for Vista but it didn't work for me.

cdadare 06-06-2010 12:57 PM

I've never tried it with Vista . . . well . . because I don't have Vista. Believe it or not, I just upgraded from Win2k to XP. Remember, I'm a cheap bastard.

Ya, I remember the graphic situation. All the jersey & accessory graphics were mirror images, that's why they were the same.

The commentating was great with Kevin Calabro and the graphics were crystal clear. Really, the only thing I didn't like was the robot like movements of the players when they moved their heads.

I've got many of the roster updates and graphic/accessory additions, but my ID Editor had a virus, so I can't open the zip file. I was hoping it was archived somewhere.

youvalss 06-06-2010 01:12 PM

Maybe if you can copy-past the editor's file name, and just google it... You might find another download, maybe a clean one.

jcstinger 06-07-2010 10:12 PM

I still have the editor file on one of my discs i can email it to ya

youvalss 06-07-2010 10:16 PM

Jc for the win!

jcstinger 06-07-2010 10:21 PM

I come up big in the Finals.....just like Ray Ray!!!!!!

cdadare 06-12-2010 05:30 PM

Thanks dude. I sent you a PM