Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Ejections? (/forums/showthread.php?t=418296)

TeixeiraFanatic 06-07-2010 08:21 AM

Ejections?

Has anyone seen any ejections yet on 10? I saw a couple last year but none so far this year. I was wondering if anyone has.

MaddenBalla 06-07-2010 08:41 AM

Re: Ejections?

I did in an online game against my friend using the Braves, the outfielder (dont remember his name) was arguing with the umpire because he was safe at the bag (he actually was) and he got ejected. it then told me to replace him so i put Melvin Mora out in left field.

dawgbyte92 06-07-2010 08:58 AM

I've seen a couple ejections this year. Wakefield was ejected for hitting a batter with a pitch and I seen a runner arguing a call and he got tossed.

I really like how in MVP Baseball you could choose to argue a call or not and risk getting tossed. Does anyone know if you can make your guy argue a call in The Show? I've had some very questionable calls that I've wanted to argue but can't figure out how to do it.

Buckeye 06-07-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbyte92 (Post 2041145535)
I've seen a couple ejections this year. Wakefield was ejected for hitting a batter with a pitch and I seen a runner arguing a call and he got tossed.

I really like how in MVP Baseball you could choose to argue a call or not and risk getting tossed. Does anyone know if you can make your guy argue a call in The Show? I've had some very questionable calls that I've wanted to argue but can't figure out how to do it.

This

aukevin 06-07-2010 09:47 AM

I've seen a couple ejections and had one of my pitchers ejected for hitting 3 batters LOL. The computer players that get ejected don't always get ejected though. It goes through the whole cutscene of being thrown out of the game, but they remain in the game sometimes.

Pistolero 06-07-2010 09:53 AM

I've only seen one injection this year so far, good'ol Kepp argued he was safe at first base but the ump would of no part of it.

fool 06-07-2010 10:03 AM

The vast majority of ejections occur when a guy is called out at 1st and he argues. You have no control over it, and you can't choose to argue on your own.

BDKiiing 06-07-2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pistolero (Post 2041145643)
I've only seen one injection this year so far, good'ol Kepp argued he was safe at first base but the ump would of no part of it.

I thought they took Reggie Stocker out of the game?...

Pistolero 06-07-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdolski (Post 2041146151)
I thought they took Reggie Stocker out of the game?...

:lolabove:....good one.

cardsfan2222 06-07-2010 03:34 PM

I've seen a pitcher get ejected a couple of times for hitting too many guys. I have yet to see anyone ejected for arguing at first this year, even though there have been several close plays that I thought would trigger it.

Azamien 06-07-2010 03:42 PM

One thing I noticed is that you don't get ejections if you have cut scenes turned off. I played with real-time only for awhile, and there was never any ejections or even arguments.

B_rad13 06-07-2010 04:04 PM

Also you have to be on Broadcast presentation and not real time, I never had anyone argue with real time presentation on. Next year if we believe its a close call we should be able to ague with our managers and players, just like what the MVP series had.

twl221 06-07-2010 04:07 PM

I've only seen one so far on a close play at first. IMO, there should be more times where you can get ejected.

Polo Bandit 06-07-2010 04:22 PM

I've only seen one so far in 2010. The runner was arguing safe at first and got ejected. None so far for my guys.

Reaman 06-07-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbyte92 (Post 2041145535)

This.

darlon 06-07-2010 09:06 PM

I'm new to baseball games. What would arguing the call get you? Call won't be overturned and you have a chance of being ejected. I know in the 2k series a few years ago, there was a mini game between two players where the guy arguing the call would tap a button and the other team would try and hit another button at the right time to get him ejected. If you weren't ejected, your team morale would go up. Is that the same for what you guys are suggesting?

pratojr79 06-07-2010 09:55 PM

The only ejection I've seen is Milton Bradley arguing an obvious out (trying to stretch a single into a double). Kinda fitting, don't you think?

moemoe24 06-08-2010 12:38 AM

I play with real time with cuts and Vlad gotted tossed for popping off at the ump at first. So it does happen in real time.

Clarityman 06-08-2010 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moemoe24 (Post 2041149020)
I play with real time with cuts and Vlad gotted tossed for popping off at the ump at first. So it does happen in real time.

That's real time with cuts. Any cut scene can happen on real time with cuts. It'd be interesting to know if it still happens on real time only, since there are no arguing animations I've ever seen in real time play.

AaronLX03 06-08-2010 06:18 AM

In my Rangers franchise, Saltalamacchia got hit by Greinke 3 times in one game, and he didn't get tossed...but then again Salty always gets beaned. I'd say he gets hit 1-2 times per week!

Alistair 06-10-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darlon (Post 2041148220)
I'm new to baseball games. What would arguing the call get you? Call won't be overturned and you have a chance of being ejected.

Good point. There is no tangible benefit for choosing to argue a call in the game. Players and managers do it in real life because they are fired up and caught in the heat of the moment. While we're all passionate baseball gamers here, you can't compare the atmosphere of your living room and a stadium.

Therefore... I suggest that if you wanted to argue a call, the reward might be a slight morale boost for your team mates. They see you showing a bit of passion, a bit of fire in the belly rather than lying down and taking it. Not sure if this is possible, but it would be good to see it impact the mood of your team depending which way it goes.

TexasLeague 06-10-2010 12:01 PM

I play real-time with replay in my franchise and I just saw what I believe was the first ejection in one of my games. I was playing the Marlins and Cameron Maybin argued a call at first, that he was out by a good second on, and he got ejected. Nonetheless, he remained in the lineup for the remainder of the game.:google:

cgm110 06-10-2010 12:08 PM

I have had 4 ejections (exhibition and franchise) in probably 100 or so games--- two cpu and two on the team i controlled. Both times I was ejected the sub screen immediatley came up. The two times the CPU was ejected (Heyward @ first and someone else at first cant remember) Matty V. announced the sub on D the next half inning. It seems in my game the no cpu sub has been fixed or maybe ive been lucky. I read on a blog onetime however that Earl Hendricks had a horrible strikezone the entire game which lead to an ejection over balls and strikes. I see players barking several times a game/series and have never seen a ball/strike ejection (even though about half the time they probably should be) I'm wondering if this is rare such as the HR review?

Mods: what are the rules on posting the blog from the other site-- I will be happy to if others want to read it but do not want to spam OS. Thanks for any clarification