Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Ejections? (/forums/showthread.php?t=418296)

pratojr79 06-07-2010 09:55 PM

Re: Ejections?

The only ejection I've seen is Milton Bradley arguing an obvious out (trying to stretch a single into a double). Kinda fitting, don't you think?

moemoe24 06-08-2010 12:38 AM

I play with real time with cuts and Vlad gotted tossed for popping off at the ump at first. So it does happen in real time.

Clarityman 06-08-2010 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moemoe24 (Post 2041149020)
I play with real time with cuts and Vlad gotted tossed for popping off at the ump at first. So it does happen in real time.

That's real time with cuts. Any cut scene can happen on real time with cuts. It'd be interesting to know if it still happens on real time only, since there are no arguing animations I've ever seen in real time play.

AaronLX03 06-08-2010 06:18 AM

In my Rangers franchise, Saltalamacchia got hit by Greinke 3 times in one game, and he didn't get tossed...but then again Salty always gets beaned. I'd say he gets hit 1-2 times per week!

Alistair 06-10-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darlon (Post 2041148220)
I'm new to baseball games. What would arguing the call get you? Call won't be overturned and you have a chance of being ejected.

Good point. There is no tangible benefit for choosing to argue a call in the game. Players and managers do it in real life because they are fired up and caught in the heat of the moment. While we're all passionate baseball gamers here, you can't compare the atmosphere of your living room and a stadium.

Therefore... I suggest that if you wanted to argue a call, the reward might be a slight morale boost for your team mates. They see you showing a bit of passion, a bit of fire in the belly rather than lying down and taking it. Not sure if this is possible, but it would be good to see it impact the mood of your team depending which way it goes.

TexasLeague 06-10-2010 12:01 PM

I play real-time with replay in my franchise and I just saw what I believe was the first ejection in one of my games. I was playing the Marlins and Cameron Maybin argued a call at first, that he was out by a good second on, and he got ejected. Nonetheless, he remained in the lineup for the remainder of the game.:google:

cgm110 06-10-2010 12:08 PM

I have had 4 ejections (exhibition and franchise) in probably 100 or so games--- two cpu and two on the team i controlled. Both times I was ejected the sub screen immediatley came up. The two times the CPU was ejected (Heyward @ first and someone else at first cant remember) Matty V. announced the sub on D the next half inning. It seems in my game the no cpu sub has been fixed or maybe ive been lucky. I read on a blog onetime however that Earl Hendricks had a horrible strikezone the entire game which lead to an ejection over balls and strikes. I see players barking several times a game/series and have never seen a ball/strike ejection (even though about half the time they probably should be) I'm wondering if this is rare such as the HR review?

Mods: what are the rules on posting the blog from the other site-- I will be happy to if others want to read it but do not want to spam OS. Thanks for any clarification