Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   NCAA 11 Demo Features To Be in Madden 11 (Hands On) (/forums/showthread.php?t=419590)

Valdarez 06-14-2010 10:54 AM

NCAA 11 Demo Features To Be in Madden 11 (Hands On)

The Locomotion used in NCAA 2011, and the demo (available today, so go download it!) is the same that is used in Madden. After playing the NCAA demo, I have to give the team props. The Locomotion is good. It's not perfect, but it feels FAR more realistic than what we have seen in EA games for a long, long while now. Unfortunately they disabled Replays so I couldn't get a good look at the footwork while I played.

Blocking is better, but it's still broken from what I can tell. There are a LOT of missed blocks on plays where even the play art clearly shows a player that should be blocked. I don't believe blocking is fixed at all, thought it may be improved a little (that's me trying to be positive, I couldn't tell much of a change at all to be honest).

Presentation is better with regards to the banner, pregame show, cut scenes. Their goal seems to be to always show us the field or a cut scene. The problem here is there isn't enough cut scenes to fill the space, and they don't show the field very often because the players don't look good. For example, after a TD score, my player just kind of stood there, while everyone else celebrated. The commentary seems to be the same as last year, which is bad. There is a TON of dead space. It doesn't sound like a game broadcast at all, or even a radio broadcast.

Locomotion: 8/10
Blocking: 5/10 (still broken)
Presentation: 6/10 (half way there, just get us some decent commentary/banter)

Anything else new I left out that might make it's way to Madden 11?

Only1LT 06-14-2010 11:09 AM

Re: NCAA 11 Demo Features To Be in Madden 11 (Hands On)

[quote=Valdarez;2041176212]The Locomotion used in NCAA 2011, and the demo (available today, so go download it!) is the same that is used in Madden. After playing the NCAA demo, I have to give the team props. The Locomotion is good. It's not perfect, but it feels FAR more realistic than what we have seen in EA games for a long, long while now. Unfortunately they disabled Replays so I couldn't get a good look at the footwork while I played.

Blocking is better, but it's still broken from what I can tell. There are a LOT of missed blocks on plays where even the play art clearly shows a player that should be blocked. I don't believe blocking is fixed at all, thought it may be improved a little (that's me trying to be positive, I couldn't tell much of a change at all to be honest).

Presentation is better with regards to the banner, pregame show, cut scenes. Their goal seems to be to always show us the field or a cut scene. The problem here is there isn't enough cut scenes to fill the space, and they don't show the field very often because the players don't look good. For example, after a TD score, my player just kind of stood there, while everyone else celebrated. The commentary seems to be the same as last year, which is bad. There is a TON of dead space. It doesn't sound like a game broadcast at all, or even a radio broadcast.

Anything else new I left out that might make it's way to Madden 11?[/quote]

Supposedly the new lighting used in NCAA is in Madden. Not progressive lighting mind you. In any event, none of the captures or vids of Madden that I have seen look like it is in, but maybe it just wasn't in at that time. I have seen Ian on multiple occasions confirm that it was in (still say supposedly though).

Double C 06-14-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdarez (Post 2041176212)

Anything else new I left out that might make it's way to Madden 11?

Maybe they didn't put all the commentary stuff in the demo. Last year, in the Madden's demo, there was no commentary at all. :y6:

Can't wait to download it, though.

at23steelers 06-14-2010 11:25 AM

I really liked the new lighting in NCAA 11. 10X times better than NCAA 10's graphics and a big improvement over Madden 10's graphics. The player models are well proportioned. 8.5/10

I like the strides they made in presentation, but there was too much dead space during it. Like, it was cool to see the players come out on the field, but 30 seconds was looking at their shoes and 2 seconds on the players coming out on field and team speech huddle. At end of game, 30 seconds was just looking at the field and 10 seconds looking at players celebrating. What they added is good, they just need it timed better. The announcing is ok, and slightly better than Madden 10's. A few more adjustments, and we could have an amazing presentation. I hope Madden 11 is better than NCAA's presentation. 7.5/10

The locomotion was awesome. 100X's time better than the old juking. The only negative comment is although improved, it still feels like they are skating on ice. It looks like they aren't but feels like they are. If they added more vibration or something, it would feel more realistic. The o-line improved with double blocking, although overall oline play was slightly better. The sideline catches and the catching animations are much better. It was cool to see the teams play how they play in real life. I was never a big pro-take fan, because once a RB is going to the ground, he can make unrealistic movements to try and break the tackle. 8/10

MrSkagTrendy 06-14-2010 11:25 AM

Double team blocking? Improved ProTak (e.g no more 'one player initiates tackle, the rest just fly past in the air')?

Pared 06-14-2010 12:12 PM

This forum is about Madden. When the Madden demo comes out, you can post your thoughts. Anyone curious about this can go into the NCAA forum and read this same exact thing you posted there.