Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Best runningback of all time (/forums/showthread.php?t=419853)

wheelman990 06-15-2010 02:36 PM

Best runningback of all time

Please be respectful with another posters opinion. If you don't agree with them, don't comment or respond to them.

My personal favorite was Barry Sanders.

Reason: Barry was just the ideal NFL player to want to be. The guy had speed, quickness, moves, that none other has shown.

Video still plays in my arena for those that would like to view it
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BOw3JAu_LdY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&co lor2=0x6b8ab6&hd=1" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560">

55 06-15-2010 02:46 PM

Re: Best runningback of all time

Michael Vick

wwharton 06-15-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelman990 (Post 2041182685)
Mods, if best of poll's arent allowed, please delete. I am trying to set this thread up to be a simple poll and positive remarks, no argueing here people!

Please dont get into any arguements. In fact theres no reason to say anything other then who you voted for, and why you liked him as a favorite, or say nothing at all if you wish. This should be fun if people can be mature.

Please dont even argue another posters opinion. If you dont agree with them, dont comment or qoute them.

My personal favorite was Barry Sanders.

Reason: As a teen, he was just the ideal NFL player to want to be. The guy had speed, quickness, moves, that none other had shown. The statement that comes to mind when I think of Barry Sanders is what Bo Jackson said in a interview:

"Barry is my favorite runner, I love the way the guy runs. When I grow up I want to run just like him"

So true, what kid wouldnt want to be like Barry Sanders.

Don't think you can edit but an easy way to avoid the arguments and keep this "fun" would be to ask who everyone's favorite RB is rather than who's the best. Makes a big difference, and in your explanation you even said "favorite".

I personally would pick Jim Brown for the best and I've never even seen him play, so I wouldn't list him as my favorite. Feel me?

sb24 06-15-2010 03:05 PM

This should give you some ideas.... http://osatwork.com/forums/showthrea...light=greatest

Good luck finding the greatest. Like wwharton said "my favorite" might work better. My favorite is Barry Sanders.

bkrich83 06-15-2010 03:10 PM

Best pure runner I ever saw was Eric Dickerson in his prime. Not the best career of all time but for a 3 or 4 season span, I never saw anyone better.

CM Hooe 06-15-2010 03:30 PM

I'm younger and I'm obviously biased, but I'm going with Emmitt Smith.

Not sure there's a wrong answer amongst any of the above running backs, though; all were exceptional.

bkrich83 06-15-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krioniq (Post 2041183027)
I'm younger and I'm obviously biased, but I'm going with Emmitt Smith.

Not sure there's a wrong answer amongst any of the above running backs, though; all were exceptional.

I would have a real hard time arguing against Emmitt.. He's easily in my top 3 or 4.. So hard to rank so many great players.

Shawnj86 06-15-2010 04:03 PM

My top 3 in no order
Eric Dickerson
Jim Brown
Walter Payton