Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   EA Sports MMA Video: Raw Gameplay from the E3 Floor (/forums/showthread.php?t=419929)

Steve_OS 06-15-2010 08:09 PM

EA Sports MMA Video: Raw Gameplay from the E3 Floor

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j3X6ya7IxL4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j3X6ya7IxL4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

MC Fatigue 06-15-2010 08:16 PM

Re: EA Sports MMA Video: Raw Gameplay from the E3 Floor

I watched 0:24 about 5 times before I went on with the rest. That was hilarious.

delspf 06-15-2010 08:17 PM

You would think they would have a person who has a clue about MMA doing the interview. Good vid though. Gameplay looks alot more fluid then 2010

Parasight 06-15-2010 08:31 PM

:spit:

Those baby leg kicks were TERRIBLE. KO animation looked nice though.

allBthere 06-15-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delspf (Post 2041184841)
You would think they would have a person who has a clue about MMA doing the interview. Good vid though. Gameplay looks alot more fluid then 2010

some of it does. The ground game does, it looks like it makes a lot more sense in the transitions and the fact that you can BLOCK SUB attempts!
Standing it really doesn't look very good. It's technically 'smooth' and 'fluid'...but sometimes in a bad way. The punches for example (for the most part) do not accellerate towards the target, in fact the straight looks to be at it's slowest as it's approaching the target (bad). Leg kicks also looked like they were actually missing the target and not hitting anything. So quite a bit of the striking looks to have the same faults as fnr4 in the impact and illusion of power department.

Just from that video it looks as if I'd like a mix between EA's ground game, a mix of '09 and '10's striking and takedowns and 10's cage interaction.

MC Fatigue 06-15-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allBthere (Post 2041184922)
...you can BLOCK SUB attempts!

I was wondering about that. Looked like Miller kept putting his hand up to block Jacare from getting his arm around his neck; so there was no submission struggle/attempt yet - he was just working to try to even get into position for it. I hope that's what it was.

TreyIM2 06-15-2010 08:44 PM

Ground game looked REALLY smooth and fluid. Standing, wise, wasn't too sure about some of those kicks and punches but looks way better than the first footage that was shown. Still mucho time left til release and this footage is very encouraging.

JerseySuave4 06-15-2010 09:29 PM

stand up looks better in 2010, ground game looks smoother in EA. But 2010 makes you work more to transition, this guy picks up the controller playing against a guy from EA and when he asks the guy what should i do the guy says you prob wanna take me down and then easily takes the EA guy down. Then he easily transitions on the ground, almost gets a submission, the gets up from Mayhem having his back. Then he knocks the guy out. It just seems like too easy of a game.

It seems like a fun game and i would consider buying it for a lower price but i think 2010 gets the feel of MMA and the atmosphere, presentation, and feel. Its hard to imagine fights getting past a 10 min 1st round in the EA game. But 2010's submissions SUCK!

Also, the guys glide too much in EA's game. In 2010 they at least have realistic footwork. Guys were gliding all over the place in that vid.

Like i said, looks like a decent game, not a bad 1st attempt, some positives, some negatives. But i won't pay more than $30 for it.