Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Does anybody else not like the stiff-arm this gen! (/forums/showthread.php?t=420253)

big_larry 06-17-2010 01:02 AM

Does anybody else not like the stiff-arm this gen!

Remember last the gen when you pushed the stiff arm button they stuck out the stiff arm. This gen when you press the A button to stiff arm a defender on your side they game waits till there is contact to decide it the stiff arm is going to be successful. Most of the time it does not work resulting in the same old animations every time!

triplepz2003 06-17-2010 11:43 AM

Re: Does anybody else not like the stiff-arm this gen!

that drives me insane! There used to be such a great feeling giving someone a stiff arm and watching them hit the dirt, but I cant remember any good ones since the next gen move.

ODogg 06-17-2010 11:56 AM

I hate the stiff arm in next-gen, it's completely worthless. It was my favorite move back on PS2. I think since it rarely even works on next-gen I don't even try it anymore. I can't remember the last time I tried stiff-arming anyone in fact.

They need to move it to the triggers now since we won't be using turbo anymore. That'd helped immensely to have a left and right stiff arm like back on PS2.

Xaos 06-17-2010 11:58 AM

Now it just grabs them and throws them infront of you AP Style. Old-gen stiff arm was so rewarding punching someone in the face

leo2k2ndc 06-17-2010 11:59 AM

Amen. I dont even use it anymore, cause not only does the AI not reach out for the person most time, adding into the success probability its just not worth it....

Another thing that irks me is the player will hold it out forever even if the defensive player doesnt ever make contact, so now your speed has tremendously slowed down...

SMH @ STIFF ARMS

leo2k2ndc 06-17-2010 12:00 PM

Oh Yea, I do use it sometimes after contact has been made as a last second tackle breaking move, But thats about it...

Works about 5% the time

jeremym480 06-17-2010 12:02 PM

Stiff Arms this gen definitely leave a lot to be desired, IMO.

Maybe they will work on an upgrade for 12.

jeffmanqb3 06-17-2010 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They had these stiff arms in NCAA 08. I haven't seen any like this since though.