Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Best NCAA BBALL Game Ever? (/forums/showthread.php?t=420323)

417alum 06-17-2010 11:12 AM

Best NCAA BBALL Game Ever?

I say yes.

The Gunslinger 06-17-2010 12:37 PM

Re: Best NCAA BBALL Game Ever?

if it didn't freeze all the time

JerzeyReign 06-17-2010 03:19 PM

The only thing I love about this game is the offensive sets/motions. This game doesn't touch 2k when it comes to depth and replay value. Note: I own this game and play it quite a bit but this is not the greatest one of all time. 2K8 still holds that title B. Now if they would of went one more year and added all the stuff 2K had and fixed the repetitive presentation then yeah it could of been. They stopped digging right before they reached the oil.

Playmakers 06-17-2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ (Post 2041194745)
The only thing I love about this game is the offensive sets/motions. This game doesn't touch 2k when it comes to depth and replay value. Note: I own this game and play it quite a bit but this is not the greatest one of all time. 2K8 still holds that title B. Now if they would of went one more year and added all the stuff 2K had and fixed the repetitive presentation then yeah it could of been. They stopped digging right before they reached the oil.

I just purchased 2K8 and after playing it i'd say other than graphics EA's game can't touch that game on the floor or off the floor.

It doesn't mean NCAA Basketball is a bad game i just don't think it's as deep as CH 2K8

And crazy thing about it is I'm not even a big fan of 2K sports......I just love to tweak their games

RayAllen20 06-17-2010 04:48 PM

It's not the best due to it's replay value. A dynasty mode where I can't play other games, bad customization. But it still plays well on the floor.

Plus it kind of ruined CH 2K8 for me. That game doesn't have the offenses, the court spacing, or the presentation near this game.

EDIT: However, I still plan to play this game next bball season and hope to get some online tournaments/leagues with people on OS, plus update the freshmen on my rosters in my career legacy, so the rosters aren't filled with fake freshmen, but instead real ones like Harrison Barnes.

dickey1331 06-18-2010 03:19 AM

I say yes but I also didnt play 2k8 so it was the best out of all the college basketball games ive played

Behindshadows 06-18-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playmakers (Post 2041194889)
I just purchased 2K8 and after playing it i'd say other than graphics EA's game can't touch that game on the floor or off the floor.

It doesn't mean NCAA Basketball is a bad game i just don't think it's as deep as CH 2K8

And crazy thing about it is I'm not even a big fan of 2K sports......I just love to tweak their games

This ^^^

Also EA does presentation and graphics 10x better than 2k's College Basketball.

But CH series is just deeper, Legacy mode, level of editing, sliders, team minutes, and overall options. Their games give you freedom.

EA restricts too much on their games, afraid of bugs and glitches, etc. Not to mention 2k actually did one HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGE! Patch! To fix all the problems that CH had out the box, and it improved it.

I like NCAA BB 10, my problem is the restricting to change class of students, can't remove players off team to a free pool or to be able to move to other team to fill slots. Limited roster spaces, can't put tattoo's on players that are already created. That's just stupid. They removed the facial editing from March Madness 08....

Overall they just never got as deep, and it was mostly due to patching small things and overall little things missing in the game.

I would have given them one more year and they would have been gold.

KG 06-18-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behindshadows (Post 2041199069)
This ^^^

Also EA does presentation and graphics 10x better than 2k's College Basketball.

But CH series is just deeper, Legacy mode, level of editing, sliders, team minutes, and overall options. Their games give you freedom.

EA restricts too much on their games, afraid of bugs and glitches, etc. Not to mention 2k actually did one HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGE! Patch! To fix all the problems that CH had out the box, and it improved it.

I like NCAA BB 10, my problem is the restricting to change class of students, can't remove players off team to a free pool or to be able to move to other team to fill slots. Limited roster spaces, can't put tattoo's on players that are already created. That's just stupid. They removed the facial editing from March Madness 08....

Overall they just never got as deep, and it was mostly due to patching small things and overall little things missing in the game.

I would have given them one more year and they would have been gold.

You think EA would have opened up this game/series for editing next year?

Overall I agree. Graphics/Presentation/Court Spacing/Offenses are fantastic in this game.