Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA Tuner Sets and Game Speed Level being added (/forums/showthread.php?t=420609)

Playmakers 06-18-2010 06:20 PM

NCAA Tuner Sets and Game Speed Level being added

Just curious to those who played NHL 10 how much effect did the Game Play Tuner sets have on NHL 10?

Also with the addition of the new game speed levels I think EA just opend up two options to more realism on the field.

I think the game speed level on slow will really help with animations and also solve a lot of problems with player speed and seperation during actual gameplay. I thought it was a great addition to Madden 10

I'm not familiar with the Game play Tuner sets....but imagine if it truly does go beyond sliders then we can quite possibly have the best NCAA game play since NCAA 06

Does anyone know what game play problems can this Game Tuner fix

Player Pursuit
Accuarcy of FG Kickers
The speed of Passes
QB abilty to operate option plays/make the QB run more if under pressure

I'm guessing if these two new additions work then we no longer need sliders is that correct?

hskfan4lyfe 06-18-2010 06:23 PM

Re: NCAA Tuner Sets and Game Speed Level being added

How about the arm strength of quarterbacks this year which is ridiculous.

Playmakers 06-18-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hskfan4lyfe (Post 2041201231)
How about the arm strength of quarterbacks this year which is ridiculous.

I think that would effect Pass speed right?

That's why i'm curious as to what exactly the Game Tuner sets can fix during actual game play.

If the Game Tuner sets slows down the speed of passes then QB Arm Strength shouldn't need to be edited for those who do edit rosters.

The actual QBA Slider itself doesn't fix the speed of passes....but this new Game Tuner sounds like it could a be a possible way

Pass_The_Cows 06-18-2010 06:35 PM

Based on NHL 10 things like arm strength, blocking success rates, FG accuracy could easily be tweaked using tuner sets. Something like pursuit or QB logic I assume would be a lot more complicated because I doubt things like that can be improved with a simple change of a number or formula adjustment.

hskfan4lyfe 06-18-2010 06:37 PM

Has the arm strength issue been addressed on here. I mean I seen Jacory Harris throw it 80 yards on a hail mary, I mean let's be real here.

Pass_The_Cows 06-18-2010 06:42 PM

So are Tuners even confirmed or are we all just taking that one guys word for it?

Playmakers 06-18-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hskfan4lyfe (Post 2041201284)
Has the arm strength issue been addressed on here. I mean I seen Jacory Harris throw it 80 yards on a hail mary, I mean let's be real here.

That's because in the game he probably has Throwing Power rated too high to begin with....

I'm not sure wht they keep doing this year every. They really need to start making their high end ratings for throwing power in the 80's and work their way downwards

Like for example if you start giving K's a leg power of 70 you'll start seeing kicks even from 40 yd's come up short in the game and they don't have much power behind them

But for some reason you hardly see any QB's in NCAA with a weak arm

ElroyJetson 06-18-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pass_The_Cows (Post 2041201307)
So are Tuners even confirmed or are we all just taking that one guys word for it?

Yea would like some proof its confirmed