Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Backbreaker Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   *Backbreaker 32 NFL Teams PS3 Package* (/forums/showthread.php?t=420617)

jondoe123 06-18-2010 06:52 PM

*Backbreaker 32 NFL Teams PS3 Package*

Hello all. My original goal was to create all the team logos in one clean file. Mission accomplished! Not trying to float my own boat, but the more difficult ones look much better than anything else I've seen around the net. Some people even try to make you register for a site just to download their file that a team of people created and are asking for paypal donations. Stupid if you ask me. Anyway, I have spent a lot of time getting the logos, helmets, and uniforms to look perfect. The only thing left to do is complete the rosters.

Since I have begun the rosters, I have had a lot to do and I don't feel like this is getting done quick enough. I'm releasing this file so everyone can play around with it, but I would really like someone to complete the rosters. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl is a good place to start. They have depth charts for each team and are pretty up to date. I have been doing 1st and second string for every position leaving a blank before the players' last name and between words in team name. This allows for online play and still looks authentic. 7 full rosters so far.

Quick Tutorial:
1. Create a new PS3 username (unless you want your custom team file
overwritten)
2. Copy "PS3" folder to a USB thumb drive or some kind of removable media. 3. Insert removable media into PS3.
4. Navigate to Saved Data Utility.
5. Press TRIANGLE on the "Backbreaker: Custom Teams" file.
6. Copy to the new username you created.

Here's some screens:

and now for the file... remember this is the best looking file on the net thus far so I really need help with the rosters. If no one wishes to help I will eventually do them but you will all have to wait longer.

... here ya go: http://uploading.com/files/e8d43747/backbreakerNFL.zip

thelwig14 06-18-2010 07:05 PM

Re: *Backbreaker 32 NFL Teams PS3 Package*

Dude...you should put up your paypal for donations...even a few dollars adds up. I don't play this game...but well done.

jondoe123 06-18-2010 08:13 PM

It doesn't feel right to accept donations. I already feel jipped by EA and the NFL for having an exclusive license agreement, eliminating any "would be" cool NFL games (even Blitz was cool on N64). Backbreaker should have had NFL wrapped all over it from the start. At least then EA would have some competition and could be held accountable for releasing a game similar to ps1-ps2 era football sims year after year. I can't blame the NFL for not understanding the gaming world, but EA should know better. Shame on you EA. Don't forget that gamers want to be able to do whatever they want, that's why we play games; not to be forced into playing a game because its THE ONLY ONE.

sleepyeagle 06-18-2010 09:35 PM

Downloading now, looks great from the screen shots. I did the Dolphins, Panthers, and Eagles but then I gave up, lol.

Thanks man!!

fliplm0de 06-18-2010 10:09 PM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! Thanks Jon:appl::appl:

Got sick over the weekend so i MIGHT be able to help out with some rosters depth charts and i'll PM you the file?

wheelman990 06-19-2010 11:14 AM

That giants team huddle photo is so realistic its scary. BB has so much potential.

sleepyeagle 06-19-2010 01:50 PM

So I downloaded the file, and I have to say those are some of the best logos I've seen. Especially for a complete 32 team set.

After setting up the team specialties and bias, I'm loving it!

I don't worry about rosters though, since this game is supposed to be set "in the future".

jondoe123 06-19-2010 07:44 PM

glad to see you guys are having fun with it so far. it annoys me that the rosters aren't fully done but i figured if i got some positive feedback, it might motivate me to finish them. also, i thought it would be nice to get a little criticism in case anything needs tweaked or changed.