Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Why Isn't There a Create Your Own Conference Feature in Teambuilder! (/forums/showthread.php?t=420905)

jinc1019 06-20-2010 11:06 AM

Why Isn't There a Create Your Own Conference Feature in Teambuilder!

I know that this is way too late to be putting this out there for 2011 but I really think EA should add the ability to create your own conferences for teambuilder teams, including conference logos, names, championship stadium locations, etc. This would REALLY add some life to the teambuilder feature which forces you to remove real life times from the game in exchange for teams you would like to add. Also, the current system messes things up because there are not a lot of conferences that you could COMPLETELY get rid of....so if I want to add the Ivy League, I have to take a conference out. Not to mention the fact that once you do remove that conference, the Ivy League will now be called whatever that conference is, i.e. the Sun Belt Conference....it just doesn't make sense. I realize it will force EA to make some changes to the scheduling if you are adding teams but it is worth it. The level of realism it would create would make the game a million times more fun for people like me that love the teambuilder system.

smokeyvol 06-20-2010 11:13 AM

Re: Why Isn't There a Create Your Own Conference Feature in Teambuilder!

Never thought about it that way, and I like it!

That add would allow a player to create the South Atlantic Conference (Carson-Newman Eagles). That way they could easliy fix the small want for D2 conferences.

Dr Death 06-20-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinc1019 (Post 2041206368)
I realize it will force EA to make some changes to the scheduling if you are adding teams but it is worth it. The level of realism it would create would make the game a million times more fun for people like me that love the teambuilder system.

I love the idea and the scheduling thing shouldn't be a problem either, since all schedules are "created" by the CPU after year one anyway.

Jam. 06-20-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinc1019 (Post 2041206368)
I know that this is way too late to be putting this out there for 2011 but I really think EA should add the ability to create your own conferences for teambuilder teams, including conference logos, names, championship stadium locations, etc. This would REALLY add some life to the teambuilder feature which forces you to remove real life times from the game in exchange for teams you would like to add. Also, the current system messes things up because there are not a lot of conferences that you could COMPLETELY get rid of....so if I want to add the Ivy League, I have to take a conference out. Not to mention the fact that once you do remove that conference, the Ivy League will now be called whatever that conference is, i.e. the Sun Belt Conference....it just doesn't make sense. I realize it will force EA to make some changes to the scheduling if you are adding teams but it is worth it. The level of realism it would create would make the game a million times more fun for people like me that love the teambuilder system.

Why is your thread title a question but it ends in an exclamation point!

Xaos 06-20-2010 12:17 PM

Why isn't this thread in the teambuilder forum?

aimiami 06-20-2010 12:29 PM

thats a good question... maybe the next step for teambuilder

dan_457 06-20-2010 12:31 PM

I don't even use team builder, but this is actually a great idea.

imwhatzup 06-20-2010 12:39 PM

I brought this up a long time ago. http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...onference.html