Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   It just hit me, why no QB evade? (/forums/showthread.php?t=420953)

Jerseys Very Own 06-20-2010 04:57 PM

It just hit me, why no QB evade?

I dont mean to make a whole thread about this but why hasn't QB evade been put back in the game? Because lets be honest, DE's and all out blitz cause havoc! At least for me they do. What do you guys think?

thekodinator 06-20-2010 05:07 PM

I know why. Cuz its a crappy feature that it seems few people ever use (my friends and I have never used it), and it takes the place of the playmaker controls, which were actually really useful and I used it all the time.

Screw qb evade, bring back playmaker controls!

Jerseys Very Own 06-20-2010 05:10 PM

Re: It just hit me, why no QB evade?

Wow lol, if you didnt bash my idea lol but I feel you just give me something to get out of tough situations.

BamaBruce 06-20-2010 05:11 PM

I think it would be great, especially if based on Elusiveness. Guys like Jacory Harris would be able to escape much better than someone like, say... kyle parker? (also we need QB blocking ;) this thread made me think of it!)

Tengo Juego 06-20-2010 05:33 PM

The evade in M10 was kind of useless. It didn't work about 90% of the time. Especially against the CPU.

The ps2/xbox console versions have QB evade and it is VERY functional and useful.

EDIT: By didn't work, I mean, it was of no benefit to use it. The defender would always react to the move as it happened, instead of being 'faked out' or 'juked' I guess.

thekodinator 06-20-2010 05:44 PM

Sorry I didn't mean to come across as attacking or bashing you. Personally, I just hate the qb elude feature, cuz i've never found it to be useful.

On top of that, the qb elude feature bugs me because it takes the place of the playmaker controls, which was one of my favorite features of all time in terms of video game football

steelers1 06-20-2010 05:51 PM

I remember the QB evade feature was useful on ps2. The playmaker stuff was OK, but a little cheesy... having your QB telepathically tell your WR where to run after the play breaks down is a little weird. They should just bring back an effective QB evade based on ratings and improve WR AI to let them find the open spots in the coverage and be able to 'get open' when the play breaks down and they finish their routes.

AMERICAN_DREAM 06-20-2010 05:57 PM

i played ncaa 09 one ps2 once at a buddies house. i thought the qb evade was awesome. i just sat back in the pocket all day using it. it was awesome.

if they put that in for the 360 it would add another small dimension to the game and make it better.

:usa: