Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Backbreaker (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Can you throw a lob pass as QB in Focus mode? (/forums/showthread.php?t=421011)

bakesalee 06-20-2010 10:10 PM

Can you throw a lob pass as QB in Focus mode?

Can you throw a lob pass while holding LT for focus mode? I can throw bullet passes in focus mode, but when I do the lob pass motion with focus mode, my QB just stands still until getting sacked.

Since starting to use focus as QB, my bullet passes seem to be accurate. But I can't help but wonder if I could get some use out of lob passes if I was supposed to be in focus mode.

mestevo 06-20-2010 10:24 PM

Re: Can you throw a lob pass as QB in Focus mode?

I am pretty sure I've done this before, and either end up pumpfaking or switching receivers a couple times before actually lobbing the ball :p

sleepyeagle 06-20-2010 11:02 PM

Yeah, if you aren't spot-on with the motion you won't throw the ball. I learned that through frustration

mestevo 06-20-2010 11:21 PM

My problem is I am trying to throw to someone running down the sideline, so pressing down/up isnt intuitive to me, i kept pressing down and towards my receiver, so not quite directly up.

Only1LT 06-21-2010 09:33 AM

I don't have the retail game, but I throw lobs while in focus in the training mode drill for lob passes, every time. Have done it in exhibition mode during a game as well, but you know for a fact that you have done it in the training because if you don't throw a lob pass, you don't get a check mark that says that you completed the drill.

sb24 06-21-2010 02:17 PM

Yes I can throw lobs from focus mode. I never had trouble throwing a lob tho.

Tokyo-Night 06-21-2010 03:36 PM

the only way to throw a lob is if it is short range, he cant chuck a lob it can be only 20-30 yard pass for him to lob it if not it automaticly gos to bullet pass if the wr is to far.

foolish813 06-21-2010 07:10 PM

You can do it. I had the problem of tacking sacks at first, too. The trick is... in order to lob, you don't have to pull down all the way. The slightest downward motion will do fine. I used to pull down till i felt the stick touch but I don't do it anymore. It also seems that the motion is quicker as well. I still have problems keeping my reciever running while trying to catch a fly pattern lob. I'm starting to think we weren't meant to lob those.