Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Live (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   NBA Elite 11 Preview (IGN) (/forums/showthread.php?t=421544)

Steve_OS 06-23-2010 02:33 PM

NBA Elite 11 Preview (IGN)

IGN has posted their preview of NBA Elite 11.

Quote:

"An aspect that I particularly enjoyed was the fact that the ball should no longer warp in and out of being a part of the in-game physical world. No idea what I'm talking about? Well, back in the old NBA Live days, some passes simply could not be intercepted. It didn't matter if your player read the pass properly; if the "steal ball" animation didn't play out, the ball was going to pass right through you. Now if your hand is there, you're going to make contact. Same goes for swiping at the ball as the other player is dribbling it, which is now handled entirely with the right stick. If you're positioned correctly and you see your hand hit the ball, chances are you're going to knock it loose.

Likewise, when you have the ball it's up to you to avoid the defense however possible. Much like the NHL series before it, NBA Elite's right trigger has assumed the former responsibilities of the A button (or X on PS3) meaning that you'll use it to pass the ball and switch players. The rest of the face buttons are now used for things like telling members of your squad to make different cuts on the court. You can tell them to make a run for an alley oop, make a v-cut or set a screen for you. The shooting and all your dribbling moves, as I've said, are completely tied to the right analog stick."

richmo 06-23-2010 02:39 PM

Re: NBA Elite 11 Preview (IGN)

Wow, so as well as asking for a screen, we can use the face buttons to ask for cutters and off-ball screens? And the pass button is changed to the right trigger? I am actually liking the sound of this, though it this whole new control scheme sounds like it has a huge learning curve.

Live Boii 06-23-2010 02:43 PM

its gonna take time to get the controls down. but im all for it. this was a good article based on the fact it gave me more insight about the face buttons. liking it more and more. now if we get a video today ill pre order it immediately

Jano 06-23-2010 02:44 PM

Wow!! passing with the right trigger is definitely gonna be different, I'm interested to see how all the other passing controls will be handled this year..

bigsmallwood 06-23-2010 03:03 PM

This game is shaping up to be a crown snatcher.....if the entire game is done right!

Ermolli 06-23-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigsmallwood (Post 2041220306)
This game is shaping up to be a crown snatcher.....if the entire game is done right!

It's what is supposed to, hope for it

Shawnj86 06-23-2010 03:15 PM

ok

a walrus 06-23-2010 03:31 PM

Passiing with the right trigger seems a little pin-ballish to me?