Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2K11 Preview (Joystiq) (/forums/showthread.php?t=421975)

wrestlinggod1 06-25-2010 07:22 PM

NBA 2K11 Preview (Joystiq)

Joystiq has posted their NBA 2K11 preview.

Quote:

"The realism of the presentation was given more weight thanks to the new player models, animations and the completely rewritten dribbling engine that provides 1:1 ball-handling via the right analog stick. This year, players have a more defined look -- smaller guys look the way they should and all of the players don't have the bulky shoulders of previous years' releases. In addition, with the changes to the way the ball is handled, 2K is promising more dynamic action and less in the way of canned animations -- there's even an in-air collision system now."

ifriedrice 06-25-2010 07:37 PM

Re: Joystiq Preview

He said 1:1 dribbling via the right analog stick. I guess that's confirmation. Sorry if I missed it elsewhere.

wrestlinggod1 06-25-2010 07:37 PM

Yeah that's what I noticed too.

youvalss 06-25-2010 07:45 PM

Oh man! Not the shot stick = dribble stick +/- trigger. Am I the only one who doesn't like that scheme?

jfsolo 06-25-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifriedrice (Post 2041230776)
He said 1:1 dribbling via the right analog stick. I guess that's confirmation. Sorry if I missed it elsewhere.

Yeah, I don't remember seeing that in actual print anywhere else. As of right now, without any more information, the 2 bball games seem as if they are going to very similar control scheme wise.

jfsolo 06-25-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youvalss (Post 2041230804)
Oh man! Not the shot stick = dribble stick +/- trigger. Am I the only one who doesn't like that scheme?

I don't like it either, but I'm just going to suck it up and learn the new controls.

wrestlinggod1 06-25-2010 07:55 PM

What would be the problem with a new control scheme? Maybe for dribbling it's right stick+left trigger. What's wrong with that? I don't think that would be hard to learn..

youvalss 06-25-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1 (Post 2041230837)
What would be the problem with a new control scheme? Maybe for dribbling it's right stick+left trigger. What's wrong with that? I don't think that would be hard to learn..

The idea of one stick that does 2 things (depends if a trigger is pulled) isn't may favorite. I guess I'll have to get used to it becuase I don't want to miss this game (as long as my computer can run it, of course).

I hear people saying all the time that the Isomotion was AWESOME in 2K8, so I don't really understand why 2K doesn't go back to that. Oh well, too late now...