Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Did anyone else see the Wal-Mart ad in the newspaper today??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=422335)

ak1knight 06-27-2010 08:00 PM

Did anyone else see the Wal-Mart ad in the newspaper today???

It says the game comes out July 6th. I know that the earlier Wal-Mart rumors were pretty debunked, but now they are sending out ads across the country with the July 6th release, so could it actually be true?

berad88 06-27-2010 08:03 PM

Re: Did anyone else see the Wal-Mart ad in the newspaper today???

Already mentioned in another thread that it is an error. Also already mentioned in yet another thread that the game is not availble to buy until the 13th. That includes walmart.

peteykirch 06-27-2010 08:17 PM

What's funny is that if you go to view the local ad online, it has the correct date.

idigfoo9 06-27-2010 09:08 PM

And coincidentally my banking account was charged the money for the game today....hmmm. They usually do that when they are being shipped right?

peteykirch 06-27-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idigfoo9 (Post 2041238643)
And coincidentally my banking account was charged the money for the game today....hmmm. They usually do that when they are being shipped right?

I know Amazon doesn't charge until the package ships, I don't know about Wal*Mart, but they don't ship anything on Sunday do they? Unless they charge you today and send it out on Monday.

idigfoo9 06-27-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peteykirch (Post 2041238666)
I know Amazon doesn't charge until the package ships, I don't know about Wal*Mart, but they don't ship anything on Sunday do they? Unless they charge you today and send it out on Monday.

Right, I knew Amazon does that and I figured most people would do that, but oh well, guess we'll find out soon.

Jase24 06-27-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idigfoo9 (Post 2041238721)
Right, I knew Amazon does that and I figured most people would do that, but oh well, guess we'll find out soon.

Yeah usually most places say "Your card won't be charged until your item ships". Of course they could just be placing a hold, and not charging it yet.

Yeah Wal-Mart has seriously jumbled the whole NCAA Football 11 release up. The paper says the 6th, the local ad on WalMart.com says July 13th, but when you roll over it it says July 11th. That's three different dates they are throwing out. I'm also not sure why Gamestop says "The release date and price have not been confirmed by the publisher and is subject to change" even when it says July 13th.

Anyway, all of that said the NCAA Football 11 Twitter states: "The release date is still July 13th."

Aggies7 06-28-2010 12:00 AM

We get the same talk every year...Its not releasing early it was most likely an error.