Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Backbreaker (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Could You Live With Multiple Camera Angles If Focus Mode Retained Same View? (/forums/showthread.php?t=422556)

JayBee74 06-28-2010 09:26 PM

Could You Live With Multiple Camera Angles If Focus Mode Retained Same View?

Mostly concerning the passing game. You would have a more conventional Maddenesque view (a little closer perhaps) but when going to Focus Mode the camera would be exactly as it is now in Focus Mode.

footballdude1971 06-28-2010 09:53 PM

Re: Could You Live With Multiple Camera Angles If Focus Mode Retained Same View?

I don't think you would need the focus mode if you had a zoomed out cam.

JayBee74 06-28-2010 10:16 PM

Re: Could You Live With Multiple Camera Angles If Focus Mode Retained Same View?

Quote:

Originally Posted by footballdude1971 (Post 2041243198)
I don't think you would need the focus mode if you had a zoomed out cam.

Why not? It increases QB accuracy.

footballdude1971 06-28-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBee74 (Post 2041243331)
Why not? It increases QB accuracy.

That's what it says it does but to be honest I haven't really been able to tell a difference. For me it (focus mode) helps me see the receiver and the defense on that receiver but if the cam was panned out I would be able to see that just fine...I think that's where I was coming come when I said I wouldn't need it.

It would seem silly to me that if the cam was panned out (Madden esk) it would make no sense to hit focus mode and have it zoom back down....maybe if the cam was zoomed out and you hit focus mode your qb turned in the direction of the WR and set his feet a prepped for a throw in that direction that would be cool....then you could have the best of both worlds.

RaiderKtulu 06-28-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayBee74 (Post 2041243046)
Mostly concerning the passing game. You would have a more conventional Maddenesque view (a little closer perhaps) but when going to Focus Mode the camera would be exactly as it is now in Focus Mode.

No.

I don't think you realize how disorienting that would be. You'd be in your Maddenesque view... then you'd see your WR get open, and you'd get a drastic zoom-in/zoom-out for just long enough to watch the QB throw the ball. Not good.

I really wish you guys would leave the camera alone. The zoom level of the current camera is fine. The only thing they need to do to the camera is allow the user to look left or right (probably by using L1 and R1), without affecting the direction they're moving or changing the target WR.

Playing from a Madden view would basically turn passing into Vision Cone 2.0, but without the flashlight effect. It would completely eliminate the idea of failing to see an open WR and drastically reduce the need for the user to actually read the defense. Of all the things that need fixed in Backbreaker, this isn't one of them.

JayBee74 06-28-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu (Post 2041243392)
I really wish you guys would leave the camera alone. The zoom level of the current camera is fine. The only thing they need to do to the camera is allow the user to look left or right (probably by using L1 and R1), without affecting the direction they're moving or changing the target WR.

Great idea-nice patch they could use.

footballdude1971 06-28-2010 11:19 PM

I would be more giddy about a panned out view on defense. I can live with offense the way it is because on offense we know where the ball is going..on defense you have no idea making it tough to be part of most plays, particularly passing plays.

kehlis 06-28-2010 11:31 PM

It's completely illogical and shortsided to say you wouldn't be able to live with an alternate camera view if the focus of the game didn't change.

The biggest argument against having multiple camera's thus far has been that it was their vision all along.

How would it be an issue to YOU if the vision remained the same but they gave those of us that don't like it a different option?

The game has promise, but I didn't personally enjoy the camera when passing and got disoriented several other times as well. I admittedly didn't play it a ton, but spare me the arguments about not playing enough to learn it. The camera wasn't for me and is enough for me to put the game down permanently.

Viewing the poll results I am shocked to see that not one person would be willing to see a different camera option in the game.

So for those of you that enjoy the game as is, you would stop playing if they added in another camera option that affects you in absolutely no way???

(As an aside, I was using the word "you" collectively and not referring to anyone in particular in this thread.)