Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Presentation Comparison: Madden vs Madden (/forums/showthread.php?t=422759)

PGaither84 06-29-2010 08:09 PM

Presentation Comparison: Madden vs Madden

I dug out my XBox 360 and threw Madden 04 on, pointed my web cam at it and ran a computer vs computer game.

I know the audio isn't perfect, but it is HOT in California right now and i was running the AC in the background.

Just take some time to compare the presentation Madden had 7 years ago compared to today. Both the good and the bad for both. Let's be fair.

This to me is why I have said many times that I don't need to compare Madden to 2k games when Madden has a hard time comparing to itself now a days in a number of areas.<object width="640" height="505"></object><object width="640" height="505">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MVpcG65IXoE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></object>

Bellsprout 06-29-2010 08:21 PM

Re: Presentation Comparison: Madden vs Madden

Admittedly I didn't watch the whole video, but what's happening there that isn't in Madden 10? I'm not burning nearly 10 minutes to figure it out.

PGaither84 06-29-2010 08:48 PM

• Better broadcast angle
  • Post play celebration wouldn't get covered up by play calling screen [if I were playing as a team] and the player in the post play is the correct player to focus on and isn't getting bumped out of his own cut away
  • The commentary is pieced together better logically [they wouldn't talk about a big run by the running back for a TD when the TE caught a 4 yard out route for example,]
  • @3:16-ish we see a wipe away that doesn't cut off too early and has commentary that fits it as well and wipes nicely.
  • The replay angles also actually show the play. too often the angles the game chooses in madden 10 obscure the play itself with far away shots of a mass of linemen and a the ref's butt.
  • @4:05 we get a great camera angle I haven't seen in madden since 04 to be honest. after 4:05 we see it like three more time I think, but it is still a great angle.
  • @4:37 that looked like and NFL play to me. great move by Brady, great throw and catch, animations and tackle. The replay finished it off. That was just nice. #53 doesn't perfectly interact with the play, but pretty close.
I could go on, but that's a lot that I notice.

GiantBlue76 06-29-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGaither84 (Post 2041247292)
I dug out my XBox 360 and threw Madden 04 on, pointed my web cam at it and ran a computer vs computer game.

I know the audio isn't perfect, but it is HOT in California right now and i was running the AC in the background.

Just take some time to compare the presentation Madden had 7 years ago compared to today. Both the good and the bad for both. Let's be fair.

This to me is why I have said many times that I don't need to compare Madden to 2k games when Madden has a hard time comparing to itself now a days in a number of areas.<object width="640" height="505"></object><object width="640" height="505">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MVpcG65IXoE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></object>

I can't lie, it's ridiculous how far backwards this game has gone. That game looks 1000 times better. What a shame... :(

tlc12576 06-29-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGaither84 (Post 2041247461)
  • Better broadcast angle
  • Post play celebration wouldn't get covered up by play calling screen [if I were playing as a team] and the player in the post play is the correct player to focus on and isn't getting bumped out of his own cut away
  • The commentary is pieced together better logically [they wouldn't talk about a big run by the running back for a TD when the TE caught a 4 yard out route for example,]
  • @3:16-ish we see a wipe away that doesn't cut off too early and has commentary that fits it as well and wipes nicely.
  • The replay angles also actually show the play. too often the angles the game chooses in madden 10 obscure the play itself with far away shots of a mass of linemen and a the ref's butt.
  • @4:05 we get a great camera angle I haven't seen in madden since 04 to be honest. after 4:05 we see it like three more time I think, but it is still a great angle.
  • @4:37 that looked like and NFL play to me. great move by Brady, great throw and catch, animations and tackle. The replay finished it off. That was just nice. #53 doesn't perfectly interact with the play, but pretty close.
I could go on, but that's a lot that I notice.

Just like on Sundays, mmmmmm! :y12: (j/k)

WTF is up with that? LOL!

lofeazy 06-29-2010 11:16 PM

One of the best maddens.

Senator Palmer 06-29-2010 11:24 PM

That 04 vid brought back memories. EA should shell out for multiple broadcast teams and a sideline reporter. Never realized how much I miss Al, even though I know every one of those lines by heart.

And I still don't get what is it that was done so differently that the players looked like they were contacting the ground in last gen.

VikesRule 06-30-2010 02:32 AM

It's hard to believe that game is 7 years old. EA could make a killing by putting the 2011 rosters on the 2004 game engine and selling that.