Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Console/Portable Talk (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   TV for gaming (/forums/showthread.php?t=423767)

AirLobo23 07-05-2010 05:15 PM

TV for gaming

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...&skuId=9784693

Would this TV be GREAT for gaming??? I only have experience with LCD and Plasma tvs. I heard that LED can get out of sync when gaming? No idea if true or even if that makes sense. While @ Best Buy this is the tv that def caught my eye though.

Ugh I meant to post this in entertainment and tech forum. Can this be moved? Sorry and tks.

Gotmadskillzson 07-05-2010 05:48 PM

Re: TV for gaming

You could get a 55 or 63 inch LCD or plasma tv for that price. Hell even cheaper for plasma, because I do believe they have a 58 inch plasma for around $1600.

LED is cool and all but it isn't a must have item. And 3D tv is definitely NOT a must have item. We are going to be YEARS away from 3Dtv programming on cable and regular tv, and that is IF it ever catches on in the USA. Which I doubt it will because I still know a lot of people rocking tube tvs and could careless about HDTV.

TIm 07-05-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson (Post 2041268789)
You could get a 55 or 63 inch LCD or plasma tv for that price. Hell even cheaper for plasma, because I do believe they have a 58 inch plasma for around $1600.

LED is cool and all but it isn't a must have item. And 3D tv is definitely NOT a must have item. We are going to be YEARS away from 3Dtv programming on cable and regular tv, and that is IF it ever catches on in the USA. Which I doubt it will because I still know a lot of people rocking tube tvs and could careless about HDTV.

Darn straight... You get a 3d television and lets say for 1500... Then you have to buy the 3d glasses for that manufacturer which is between 75-200 for a set.... You can't take that panny 3d glasses and then go to your friends who have Sony and watch his set in 3d... at least that's what I have been told

RoyalBoyle78 07-05-2010 08:40 PM

too much money.

SuperBowlNachos 07-05-2010 08:50 PM

+1 to all post above me.

Unless you are just rich and want to be able to say you have an LED 3D TV, you would be getting a better deal IMO if you went with a normal HDTV of a bigger size or TV of the same size for $1,000 less. Especially for gaming, most games are only in 720p, so I don't think you would get some amazing picture that makes the extra $1,000 worth it for only playing on a 46".

I'd wait to see what GAMEC0CK2002 says, he knows his stuff.

AirLobo23 07-05-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson (Post 2041268789)

So do u recommend LCD or plasma? I'm torn. After doing more research on LED I'm not sure it's worth the extra coin.

Gotmadskillzson 07-05-2010 09:04 PM

If the tv is going in a dim lighted room, plasma because plasma tv's don't work well in bright lighted rooms or rooms with lots of sunlight. If the room gets a lot of sunlight and the lights have to be on in the room LCD.

Me myself I prefer LCD because my wife is terrified of the dark and WILL NOT enter a dark room. Plasmas are cheaper, but once again it really depends on the lighting in the room that the tv will be placed in.

SuperBowlNachos 07-05-2010 09:07 PM

This is just me, but if I had $2,100 to spend I would buy a decent sized TV then get a good surround sound to go with it. That's 1/2 of the experience if you are a movie watcher. I think you would be happy with a $1,500 quality TV and a $600 surround sound give or take.