Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Recruiting Thoughts (/forums/showthread.php?t=424774)

msuhockeycj 07-10-2010 11:44 AM

Recruiting Thoughts

Right now im through 7 weeks of recruiting in my Michigan State dynasty and I have to say I absolutely LOVE the new system. Im playing on Heisman difficulty for both gameplay and recruiting. The biggest thing Ive noticed is the comparison of recruiting against powers like Ohio State and the little guys of the MAC. Plain and simple if you are trying to grab a prospect that OSU wants and is trying to get (as a lesser team) good luck because it is VERY difficult if not impossible. The compare pitches option is very important I believe in NCAA recruiting and you just cant use it if you are going up against a top level team. On the other side you can bully the smaller schools for other prospects and need alot less minutes to get them. Also, if a small school is really after one of those guys it can also be very hard to get them. Ive noticed some of my lesser priority recruits who looked like easy commits in the first few weeks are now about 500 pts away because they seem to be plan A guys for MAC schools. The point system is great. Its awesome to know just where you stand and be able to make decisions accordingly.

georgiafan 07-10-2010 11:49 AM

Re: Recruiting Thoughts

From watching the videos from the thread someone posted it looked much better then I first thought. Can you tell what happens when you don't call someone for a week or 2. Like how much ground you will lose?

I Peench 07-10-2010 11:51 AM

What would you say the difficulty was last year? I like the idea of harder recruiting, but Heisman level (on everything) tends to be unrealistically unfair. Is All American recruiting harder than last year? If so, I might just go with that...

msuhockeycj 07-10-2010 11:56 AM

It seems to be a big gamble if you dont call someone. Everything is points based and its possible to make up over 300 pts in a week if you go after a guy. If there is a big gap (500+) between you and the 2nd team then you can risk it and probably wont lose the guy but if its close hes probably gonna change his list to the other team. I really have been making most of my decisions on the pt difference between teams over anything else.

The difficulty seems right right now. Im getting alot of 3* and having to really fight for the 4* with no chance at a 5*. I would think last year the difficulty would be varsity or all american but I really do think Heisman is the way to go for a realistic approach

cloudedskate 07-10-2010 11:58 AM

How are the Safeties? Are they all Hard Hitters with B speed?

aidanbox360 07-10-2010 12:02 PM

How hard is it to get a commit? I mean, you're in week 7... how many commits do you have?

msuhockeycj 07-10-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudedskate (Post 2041294410)
How are the Safeties? Are they all Hard Hitters with B speed?

Speed ranges from about a C to B+ but they all seem to be Hard hitters

msuhockeycj 07-10-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aidanbox360 (Post 2041294423)
How hard is it to get a commit? I mean, you're in week 7... how many commits do you have?

I got 5 instant commits week 1 but I targeted mostly all guys who had MSU very high up. Since then I havent got a commit but now Im starting to see alot of soft verbals for other schools.