Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Probably my single biggest gripe with the series.. with an easy fix (/forums/showthread.php?t=425301)

goblue1013 07-12-2010 04:12 PM

Probably my single biggest gripe with the series.. with an easy fix

I love the NCAA Football series. It's a fantastic simulation to the real life game for the most part.

But there has one part of the game that has bothered me for as long as I can remember. It's not something I've heard about as a new feature in '11, but I may have just missed it. It's not even a difficult change at all.

There is no reaction by teams for wins. They stand at the line of scrimmage until time runs out, the whistle blows, they stand up, and about three seconds later the crowd erupts into cheers like it was a surprise.

Whether it's a last second field goal or a blow out, a win against a cupcake or a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, there has been no difference in the reaction of the winning team. It kills me. The best part of this game is building your team up over years to finally win a National Championship, and when you do it doesn't even feel that great. Your team looks like they just beat Western Kentucky in a scrimmage game. No confetti, no team celebration, no crowd build up for the last minute or two of the game, no players running onto the field from the sidelines.. nothing.

It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to do. Maybe just four cutscenes? A cupcake win, a big regular season win, a bowl game win, and a National Championship win?

Anyone agree? Disagree? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

TallyBoi7 07-12-2010 04:16 PM

Re: Probably my single biggest gripe with the series.. with an easy fix

I actually agree. It's one of those "little things" that would take a game a long ways as far as presentation.

Cardot 07-12-2010 04:22 PM

I agree completely. It has always been my contention that EA generally puts the majority of their efforts into what the player sees at the beginning of the game. Which I suppose makes sense from a sales perspective. You want to impress the guy playing a demo, or trying it out at a store or perhaps a freinds house. So intros to games are usually pretty good.....but not so much at the end of a game, or end of a season.

I am a guy that likes to see something new after 100 hours of gameplay. But while that is a nice perk for the dedicated gamer, it probably doesn't make any sales which really is the bottom line.

feedthehorse28 07-12-2010 04:23 PM

If I'm not mistaken, I think they've added a few post game cut-scenes.

goblue1013 07-12-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardot (Post 2041305906)
I agree completely. It has always been my contention that EA generally puts the majority of their efforts into what the player sees at the beginning of the game. Which I suppose makes sense from a sales perspective. You want to impress the guy playing a demo, or trying it out at a store or perhaps a freinds house. So intros to games are usually pretty good.....but not so much at the end of a game, or end of a season.

I am a guy that likes to see something new after 100 hours of gameplay. But while that is a nice perk for the dedicated gamer, it probably doesn't make any sales which really is the bottom line.

I disagree.. if they tout 120 ways to win as a new feature in the game, which they do in order to generate interest and, in turn, sales, they could tout a "what it feels like to win" feature where they do what I described in the original post.

Everyone that buys this game buys it to win. Whether it's a game, a conference championship, or the national championship. Everyone that wins feels underwhelmed. It would be one of the biggest features on whatever game it debuted on.

goblue1013 07-12-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feedthehorse28 (Post 2041305915)
If I'm not mistaken, I think they've added a few post game cut-scenes.

I really hope so.. would you have any information you can link to on the subject? I feel like I would have seen SOMETHING on it in my read-ups on the game, or EA would have done a blog on it or something.

I'd love to read about it if you could supply a link though :santa:

feedthehorse28 07-12-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goblue1013 (Post 2041305948)
I really hope so.. would you have any information you can link to on the subject? I feel like I would have seen SOMETHING on it in my read-ups on the game, or EA would have done a blog on it or something.

I'd love to read about it if you could supply a link though :santa:

I don't have a link but check the impressions thread from people that got it early. I think I remember somebody mentioning post game cut-scenes, although repetitive, have made it back in the game. Something about the player of the game saluting the crowd...

EDIT: It's not in the impressions thread, it's from the review.

MVPevy 07-12-2010 04:31 PM

I agree 100%

They stand around until the whistle blows then a cut scene of them celebrating. With about a minute left in the game they should have cut scenes of players on the sidelines jumping around hugging and celebrating the fact that they are about to win the NC. Then before the clock reaches 0 players on the field should be acting all excited and etc.

Right when the game ends all the players should rush the field not just 10 of your players. They should have the view we have with the band but its the players from the sidelines running on to the field to celebrate, with the other team walking off.