Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Dumb question about patches (/forums/showthread.php?t=425304)

thendfanzach 07-12-2010 04:36 PM

Dumb question about patches

i hate to starta new thread but can somebody explain what a patch is. like is it a mandatory update that goes w/ the game like when you go to play the game, does it say update availible and update for you? or do i have to manually download it/pay money?

thanks

NoDakHusker 07-12-2010 04:45 PM

Re: Dumb question about patches

Not a dumb question at all.
A patch will(should) fix glitches and bugs within a game and occasionally add some small features as well. It's a way for devs to get those [hopefully] few bus that QA might have missed that the consumers caught while playing the demo.

You don't have to pay, they're free and will be automatically downloaded when you pop the game in.
It'll prompt you with something like 'do you wish to update this game?'(answer should be yes, of course)

I hope that helps!:waytogo:

mdw07 07-12-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thendfanzach (Post 2041306021)
i hate to starta new thread but can somebody explain what a patch is. like is it a mandatory update that goes w/ the game like when you go to play the game, does it say update availible and update for you? or do i have to manually download it/pay money?

thanks

You have to download the update to play online. As soon as your game starts, before the opening video, it will tell you that an update is available and you have to download it to continue. As long as you have a system online connection (Xbox Live membership) there is no cost.

thendfanzach 07-12-2010 11:10 PM

Thank you very much guys! i figured that was what is was but wanted to make sure because it never says patch and it seemed like everyone had it so i did not want to be left in the dark. thanks again