Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Did you know.... (/forums/showthread.php?t=425342)

SyracuseOrange 07-12-2010 06:26 PM

Did you know....

i found it interesting to know that if your a player in DIV I Football you receive a free copy of the NCAA two weeks before the release date for any system you'd like.

Also, that being said, a majority of players who are in the game play it as much as us, the customers do, which i thought id share after seeing a picture and article online by Flordia Gators (FR. #81) :y15:

GatorChomp1 07-12-2010 06:29 PM

Re: Did you know....

When did this start?

I worked for CSU's football team for 3 years, and they never got it. This was just a little while ago too. Huh. Cool if it's true!

I would just think it wouldn't be worth giving away 1500+ copies. Could be true though! Wish I didn't get injured! haha.

NILAMO24 07-12-2010 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SyracuseOrange (Post 2041306747)
i found it interesting to know that if your a player in DIV I Football you receive a free copy of the NCAA two weeks before the release date for any system you'd like.

Also, that being said, a majority of players who are in the game play it as much as us, the customers do, which i thought id share after seeing a picture and article online by Flordia Gators (FR. #81) :y15:

Hard for me to believe how much of this is true. I work for a D1 football team and interact with the players everyday. Most of them love playing NCAA and for the past few years ive been there none of them have had the game early. Maybe us non-BCS conference D1 football teams get left out of that free and early NCAA.

Equinox831 07-12-2010 06:31 PM

I saw a guy named TerrellePryor12 on MW2 last night... I think he was legit :P

But seriously, is this true? If it is then I'm gonna start working on that football scholarship that I'm not gonna get.

Potatoes002 07-12-2010 06:31 PM

I can't see EA giving away THOUSANDS of games early.

IkeB2 07-12-2010 06:31 PM

Yeah, I played D-1 and never had this happen. Also, they would be loosing millions by doing this.

SyracuseOrange 07-12-2010 06:40 PM

just going by what i heard, saw that he had game about two weeks early, just had to look, maybe its just a school thing?

HuskAir 07-12-2010 06:51 PM

This wouldn't be legal... it's almost like the players getting paid.

Someone once made Eric Crouch a free Ham Sandwich. Apparently that was frowned upon...he wound up paying for the sandwich.