Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Penalties... Or lack thereof (/forums/showthread.php?t=425370)

Gosens6 07-12-2010 07:18 PM

Penalties... Or lack thereof

In all the full game videos i'm seeing on the web, i'm seeing no penalties called.

This has been a problem in EA football games for years, can anyone with the retail copy confirm this?

Also, for those of us picking up the game at midnight does anyone know of any good penalty slider settings that worked well in previous years games?

The lack of penalties really hurts the sim aspect of the game.

DonkeyJote 07-12-2010 07:24 PM

Re: Penalties... Or lack thereof

If you don't raise the penalty sliders, yes. But if you raise them, from most accounts you get a good amount.

Gosens6 07-12-2010 07:44 PM

Thanks for the quick response. Is there a certain number you put the sliders at that gives you realistic results? I'm afraid I may go too high and have too many penalties.

BaylorBearBryant 07-12-2010 07:49 PM

I was watching a video of Baylor in NCAA and we definitely had two penalties called on us. Not only do they happen, but the fact that it happened to BU hints at the game's realism ;-)

Gotmadskillzson 07-12-2010 08:07 PM

Lack of penalties in sports games period is nothing new. I have yet to see a sports game where I didn't have to up the penalities a tad bit. I remember one year, I don't know if it was last year or the year before, but the clipping penalty by default was way too much and you actually had to turn it down.

Matt Diesel 07-12-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson (Post 2041307340)
Lack of penalties in sports games period is nothing new. I have yet to see a sports game where I didn't have to up the penalities a tad bit. I remember one year, I don't know if it was last year or the year before, but the clipping penalty by default was way too much and you actually had to turn it down.

NHL 10 was pretty legit with penalties.

Gosens6 07-12-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Diesel (Post 2041307541)
NHL 10 was pretty legit with penalties.

Didn't they have to fix it with tuner sets though? I remember with the default game the penalties were far and few between, or every penalty called was tripping because of the poke check.

Maybe this is something NCAA can do

ttech10 07-12-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson (Post 2041307340)

I've had a big number of clipping calls in the demo, may have to turn them down in the retail version.