Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Pre-season all americans (/forums/showthread.php?t=425510)

VincentGrier15 07-13-2010 03:53 AM

Pre-season all americans

Is it me or is 7 defensive players for Bama a little high for 1st team pre-season all-americans and 1 more on 2nd team. As you can imagine there are 9 Bama Defensive All-Sec 1st team and 2 2nd team lol maybe its just me but that might be overkill. I follow NCAA pretty closely so if any Bama fans have input as to why this would be, please educate me on this world class D. Im not ripping Bama's D but it seems overkill for that many AA

Edit: are the pre-season AA predetermined on NCAA or based on ratings?

Garam05 07-13-2010 03:56 AM

Re: Pre-season all americans

We just won the national championship. EA always gives the previous year's national champion extraordinarily inflated ratings. However, I'm sure there will be people adjusting the ratings pretty soon, so it won't be that bad for much longer. I know that I am taking them down a lot as soon as the rosters for 360 are released.

12 07-13-2010 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VincentGrier15 (Post 2041309639)
Is it me or is 7 defensive players for Bama a little high for 1st team pre-season all-americans and 1 more on 2nd team. As you can imagine there are 9 Bama Defensive All-Sec 1st team and 2 2nd team lol maybe its just me but that might be overkill. I follow NCAA pretty closely so if any Bama fans have input as to why this would be, please educate me on this world class D.

It's widely known and accepted that EA heavily overrated Alabama this year. That's their gift to the national champs though, but as the other guy said, ratings will be adjusted... Just give it time.

VincentGrier15 07-13-2010 04:01 AM

yea I guess I just find it odd that there would be that many considering you guys return 2? def starters not that those guys steppin in arent going to be great but are unproven. Really if anybody should have a bunch of guys AA on D it should be UNC

plrichard 07-13-2010 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VincentGrier15 (Post 2041309653)
yea I guess I just find it odd that there would be that many considering you guys return 2? def starters not that those guys steppin in arent going to be great but are unproven. Really if anybody should have a bunch of guys AA on D it should be UNC

Our guys aren't really unproven with the exception of the secondary.

12 07-13-2010 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plrichard (Post 2041309658)
Our guys aren't really unproven with the exception of the secondary.

Not unproven but the ratings are a bit too high. I understand that EA rewards the previous year's national champs, but they went in overdrive with Bama...

georgiafan 07-13-2010 08:45 AM

im just gonna edit the ratings a little which should take them out of the all the preseason awards

youngdro_NT 07-13-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiafan (Post 2041310022)
im just gonna edit the ratings a little which should take them out of the all the preseason awards

if it's like years past taking the ratings down isn't going to change who is / isn't AA ... i think they are coded in.