Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Replays Too Short!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=425672)

jrcrow6 07-13-2010 05:54 PM

Replays Too Short!!!

Replays only last 8-10 seconds at a maximum. Therefore you can only see the end of the play on long plays. For example: I had a 96-yard TD run that included several key blocks. When I viewed the replay all I could see was the RB running by himself past everybody from the 40-yard line to the endzone. The same thing happens on a long kick return. Has anybody else seen this???

Cito2009 07-13-2010 05:58 PM

Re: Replays Too Short!!!

Yeah, i just posted the same issue. I had an 80 yard run and same thing. Not sure if its a bug or as intended...:nocomprende:

smadog 07-13-2010 06:01 PM

I had a great 65 yard run in my first online game that included many broken tackles and cutbacks. I tried to create a highlight, but only showed a 2 second clip of him diving into the end zone...

bcruise 07-13-2010 06:01 PM

This has been an issue in recent Maddens (although it sometimes got patched later). It has to do with how much the replays are compressed, I think. Basically, it's a developer tradeoff decision between the level of detail in the replays and the replay length. It seems like EA went for the former choice for this game because while they are a bit short, the replays look really good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadog (Post 2041312012)
I had a great 65 yard run in my first online game that included many broken tackles and cutbacks. I tried to create a highlight, but only showed a 2 second clip of him diving into the end zone...

That probably shouldn't happen though even if they went the detail route....I've seen kickoff replays and such get cut short, but nothing like 2 seconds.

bignasty022 07-13-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cito2009 (Post 2041311987)
Yeah, i just posted the same issue. I had an 80 yard run and same thing. Not sure if its a bug or as intended...:nocomprende:

It's possible to be both.