Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Did they take out a major mode/feature? (/forums/showthread.php?t=425817)

jackson 07-13-2010 09:57 PM

Did they take out a major mode/feature?

Im surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. Where is the option dash and other little mini games. I for one enjoyed playing this option game with my 8 year old son. We would play some custom music and see who could get the highest score. Maybe I'm just missing it.

jmurphy31 07-13-2010 10:00 PM

Re: Did they take out a major mode/feature?

Sorry, but i dont think it is in this year. I think they may have replaced it with the mascot game and the single button game

ttech10 07-13-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmurphy31 (Post 2041313649)
Sorry, but i dont think it is in this year. I think they may have replaced it with the mascot game and the single button game

If they're out then that blows. I never touched them but my friends did as did a lot of other people so it will definitely be missed.

As I recall mascot games and "family mode" were in last year, so don't see why they'd take out the other ones.

OMT 07-14-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson (Post 2041313614)
Im surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. Where is the option dash and other little mini games. I for one enjoyed playing this option game with my 8 year old son. We would play some custom music and see who could get the highest score. Maybe I'm just missing it.

Yes. Mini games were removed because we spent a lot of time maintaining them year after year, yet very few people actually played them.

I played them all the time and miss them myself. Happy trails, mini games :cheers444

RDMercer 07-14-2010 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA (Post 2041314619)
Yes. Mini games were removed because we spent a lot of time maintaining them year after year, yet very few people actually played them.

I played them all the time and miss them myself. Happy trails, mini games :cheers444

Adam,

Do people really play mascot games? lol...I see it on the menu but I just can't do it...
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, you guys need to incorporate mini-games into the dynasty. It would be a way of increasing progression of players and practicing important fundamentals at the same time....You've done it before in different forms but PLEASE bring it back!!!

Thanks

LucianoJJ 07-14-2010 10:32 AM

Removing mini-games is disappointing. They were a great alternative to just the practice mode. Mini-games gone but mascot games remain? Next year, make both mini-games and mascot mode DLC and see which one gets more love.

shigogouhou 07-14-2010 10:42 AM

IIRC mascot games took next to no space on the disc; all it did was use the existing mascot costumes & overlaid them onto a generic team of all 99 ratings.

Sad to see minigames go, though. While it's true I never really played them it's always disheartening to see a feature somebody worked on go by the wayside.

realultimatepower 07-14-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shigogouhou (Post 2041315916)
IIRC mascot games took next to no space on the disc; all it did was use the existing mascot costumes & overlaid them onto a generic team of all 99 ratings.

Sad to see minigames go, though. While it's true I never really played them it's always disheartening to see a feature somebody worked on go by the wayside.

Dont forget that the Mascots also can do all sorts of flippy moves and crap like that.

I'd like to see minigames integrated like they used to be in Madden, where you could get progression quicker. It'd make practice worth doing.