Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Razorbacks (/forums/showthread.php?t=425902)

ice7 07-14-2010 12:21 AM

Razorbacks

Totally new to OS. I've always read all the threads though. I just wanted to start a thread and get just some overall feedback from other Razorbacks fans about the u of a in the game. Apparently there's not many of us out there. LOL. And what is up with Brandon Mitchell being QB #88? LOL. Good job EA!!:waytogo:

cd2222 07-14-2010 12:53 AM

Re: Razorbacks

i was actually wondering the same thing about brandon mitchell...but arkansas can actually compete an play defense on the game this year...thanks EA:waytogo:

olemiss86 07-14-2010 01:01 AM

Did a sim dynasty with Auburn and Arkansas did what I think they will do in real life. It had them going to the Capital One Bowl against Wisconsin. They had 3 losses.....Alabama, Auburn, and Georgia.

DA_HEAD_HOG 07-17-2010 10:28 AM

yeah they are pretty competitive this year i reallythink are defense was overrated but im a hog fan so dont mind , i think we will only lose to bama this yr but we have a chance if gameday comes to the hill .

Mallett for Heisman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spanky 07-17-2010 10:54 AM

I used Arkansas in a play now game and whipped Notre Dame 38-10.

Mallet, the guy RichRod let go, was outstanding with the short passing game, something like 24-30, 308 yards. No TDs. Oddly enough, whoever their feature back is, he rushed for all 5 TDs.

Pogo27 07-17-2010 12:28 PM

How in the world is Ryan Mallet even remotely known as "the guy that RichRod let go" and not:

The guy who set or tied 16 Arkansas school records last season.
The guy who led the SEC in passing yards and passing TDs.
One of the guys who is on all serious pre-season Heisman watch-lists.

And Arkansas doesn't really have a feature-back. The default starter, sophomore HB#20, on the roster is Ronnie Wingo, but sophomore HB#7 Knile Davis, and redshirt junior HB#29 Broderick Green (a transfer from USC, but was with the team all of last season) are all pretty good and will all see a lot of play time.

Last season Broderick Green led the team in carries, yards, and rushing TDs (104, 442, 11), which included a 99-yard TD run, a school record. He's basically the power runner, and really probably could be playing FB, but I'm not so sure he's that great of a run-blocker.

Michael Smith was next on the list, but he was a senior.

Dennis Johnson was third on the team in terms of carries (57) and did have a good 6 yards per carry to go with that, but no touchdowns.

Ronnie Wingo Jr had the best yards per carry for players with 10 or more carries, with 6.6 yards per carry, but only 49 carries, 319 yards. He did score 3 touchdowns.

And Knile Davis had 33 carries for 163 yards, a 4.9 yards per carry average. He also scored 4 touchdowns.

Broderick Green had 8 catches for 104 yards and a TD.
Ronnie Wingo Jr had 5 catches for 99 yards, including one for an 83 yard TD.
Dennis Johnson had 7 catches for 72 yards.
Knile Davis had 2 catches for 4 yards.

So again, Ronnie Wingo Jr is listed as the starter in the game, and he has the best stats. He'll probably end up with the most carries at the end of the season, and he'll be slightly more of a focus than anyone was last season, but it's still going to be spread around a lot.

It's kind of amazing that the ball in the running game is being spread around now even more than it was when the Razorbacks had 3 future NFL running backs between Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, and Peyton Hillis. And we were even rushing a lot more often then.

Pogo27 07-17-2010 12:42 PM

For what it's worth, if anyone goes and edits player stats, I think Greg Childs has been severely underrated in some departments, Joe Adams as well possibly.

I'm not suggesting the necessarily need to be a 97-ovr up there with Julio Jones and AJ Green, but...

Joe Adams, for example. He played WR all last season and he'll play WR all this season....but he came to campus as a CB, and his strength is only 48?

But Greg Childs? For EA to put his strength at 66, break tackle at 80, trucking at 65!?!?, stiff arm at 68, just goes to show that EA didn't watch any Arkansas Razorback games.

Greg Childs is a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWdoLNpShWQ
With specific attention to the third highlight, how does a dude with 56 stiff arm rating do that to a Georgia defensive back?

Watching that clip though... Ryan Mallett's passes look beautiful.

And, accurately enough, Ryan Mallett has 97 throw power in the game, and everyone else has 96 or lower. Honestly though, why isn't he at 99? He's got a Brett Favre cannon...there's not a farther distance for him (or any other player) to throw, but by putting him at 97 instead of 99, the game suggests there is.

Keith74 07-17-2010 01:21 PM

Where you guys from? I'm in North Little Rock. Add me is you a PS3. RAZORBACK2015 is my psn name.:bump: