Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Slider definitions? Slider GURU's? (/forums/showthread.php?t=425961)

smoove7 07-14-2010 04:37 AM

Slider definitions? Slider GURU's?

I know there are some slider guru's that we get sliders from on here and wondered if one of them might take a few minutes and give a more in depth definition of what each slider does because if anyone knows what a slider really changes, they do. The obvious ones are like fg power which is pretty self explanatory but for example:

Pass coverage, I dont see knockdowns in there anymore so is pass coverage how close the defender plays to the receiver? I remember knockdowns used to be how fast the defender sped and caught up to the ball to knock it down. GRRR!! Or is pass coverage a combo of how close they mirror the receiver and knock the ball down?

And rush defense, is that how quickly the defense reacts when the ball is handed off? I have been tweaking sliders for 12 years and remember when a slider would say one thing but at the heart of the slider, would change other things as well. Any slider guru who knows what these sliders do willing to help out with a good definition for sliders that might need a bit of explaining?

I have not really played next gen so I am learning about these sliders as well.

PS, Didnt there used to be a qb throw power slider? Does QB accuracy in any way determine how far they can throw the ball now?

smoove7 07-14-2010 07:11 PM

Re: Slider definitions? Slider GURU's?

Bump for slider Gurus and others.

Playmakers 07-15-2010 11:06 PM

I'm no guru but i have a little knowledge as to what the sliders do on Next Gen.....

The old Knockdown slider is actually tied into the INT slider now....that slider gets the DB's to react to the ball and knock it down

Pass Coverage is where the CPU hands ratings are tied into....in fact all ratings such as Press Coverage, Man Coverage, Zone Coverage and Play Recognition are associated with this slider

Pass Block self explanatory
Run Block self explanatory

QBA isn't like Madden where there are like 6-8 ratings tied into it....it basically effects your accuarcy on passes short, medium and long

That is slider IMO really doesn't effect throwing power any more.

Pass Rush basically allows the defenders to use their Finesse Move/Power Move ratings along with Block Shed for pass rush.....for example when you look at a replay and you see some DE's doing swim/spin moves off a blocker that is them utilizing their Finesse move ratings....if you see a massive DT take push a Offensive Lineman backwards he's utilizing his Power Move rating to beat the defender.

Run Defense is more like an awareness slider for defenders to react to the run and get off blocks quicker. There are 3 ratings tied into this slider Pursuit, Awareness and Block Shedding

Tackling is self explanatory but the biggest difference this year compaired to previous years is they some how tied a lot of the animations into that slider...

Some people will hate lowering it and i can understand why because it really forces your defenders to gang tackle more or you could get killed on the ground......but i love the way the CPU can pull off some moves with the Tackle slider reduced down.

I know you sent me a PM a few days ago....sorry for the late reply i was really busy working on sliders as you can see.

smoove7 07-16-2010 03:12 PM

Thank you a lot for replying, I am keeping tabs on your slider thread and trying them accordingly. Any other thoughts on sliders guys and gals?

Rhudey 07-16-2010 09:21 PM

what exactly is speed thresh hold?

jkra0512 07-17-2010 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhudey (Post 2041333630)
what exactly is speed thresh hold?

The higher the number the less disparity there is between players, meaning there's less of a gap, speed-wise between a DT and a RB. The lower the number the more a 95-speed player will burn a 90-speed player...Make sense? :y11:

smoove7 07-17-2010 04:36 PM

I had another question on passing from looking at playmakers definitions.

Which slider is it that gets the defenders to notice that the ball has been thrown and start running toward the receiver as the ball is in the air?

I know it is either the int. or pass coverage one. I am looking for them to not just kind of stand around when the ball is thrown but when it is thrown they react accordingly.

Playmakers 07-17-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoove7 (Post 2041336792)
I had another question on passing from looking at playmakers definitions.

Which slider is it that gets the defenders to notice that the ball has been thrown and start running toward the receiver as the ball is in the air?

I know it is either the int. or pass coverage one. I am looking for them to not just kind of stand around when the ball is thrown but when it is thrown they react accordingly.

Pass Coverage

But with to high you could make the defenders to strong in Coverage....

I tried to make it where they can cover pretty good but not leach on to the WR;s all over the field like Deion Sanders or Rod Woodson type Corners.

Pass Coverage low allows for some bad DB's to blow assignments on occasion. I tried to balance it by reducing QB accuarcy that way you can get a solid balance in the passing game

You can't have QBA and WR catch too high if you plan on reducing the Pass Coverage slider in this game