Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Quarter length (/forums/showthread.php?t=425988)

IkeV 07-14-2010 09:08 AM

Quarter length

So the new global strategy thing will chew clock when set to conservative, making it a little more difficult for me to figure out what the proper quarter length for me is. Save me some googling. What's the average number of plays in a college football games, and what does that include? I usually just manually add up rushes, pass attempts, kickoffs, fga's and punts and average them over a few games to figure out the best number.

bignasty022 07-14-2010 03:25 PM

Re: Quarter length

I'd like to know this too. I played an 8 minute game last night and it seemed ok - but I haven't done any research or anything about it.

bh446066 07-14-2010 03:30 PM

Depending on the style of play the offense employs, teams get between 65-80 plays a game. I try to shoot for 70 myself.

Fiddy 07-14-2010 03:35 PM

for me 5-7 mins is what i use. depends on what type of mood im in. i call plays really quick, so 6 mins usually gets me a lot of plays.

for quick play, i just play 3 min quarters, just to get some games in quick with other teams etc.

BlastX21 07-14-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IkeV (Post 2041315403)
So the new global strategy thing will chew clock when set to conservative, making it a little more difficult for me to figure out what the proper quarter length for me is. Save me some googling. What's the average number of plays in a college football games, and what does that include? I usually just manually add up rushes, pass attempts, kickoffs, fga's and punts and average them over a few games to figure out the best number.

My pleasure.
:waytogo: