Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   RTG Running Back (Power) (/forums/showthread.php?t=425994)

jdefreitas 07-14-2010 09:38 AM

RTG Running Back (Power)

I'm looking to start a RTG campaign with a power type running back and was interested in what you guys thought some good schools for that may be. No elite schools, I like being the guy that helps put the program back on the map after a lull (no Tex, Penn St, Ok, etc)

My first thoughts were that I could play FB at Navy, HB at UConn. One of my buddies (a Big Ten/Penn St. fan) recommended I try Wisconsin as he said they typically have a back of that style each year. After watching games last year and seeing some teams play the only others I could really think that would be good options would be Auburn (Bo, Brandon Jacobs, Rudi Johnson, Stephen Davis, Ronnie Brown, etc), Miami or Arkansas.

Anyone???

I think right now I'm leaning towards Wisconsin or Auburn and trying to compete with the Big Ten top schools or SEC top schools. Should make it challenging to rush against the likes of Michigan St or Florida.

grnmnky86 07-14-2010 03:04 PM

Re: RTG Running Back (Power)

I love playing in the SEC but would favor Wisconsin over Auburn IMO. For some reason I always liked Wisconsin but mostly since they are supposed to have a good power run game with their Pro style offense over Auburn's Spread. Nebraska I think would be fun to do with a power or balanced runner.

If you look into a middle tier team Idaho uses a one back power run game supposedly like Alabama's.

mjarz02 07-14-2010 03:35 PM

Yeah Wisconsin is ALL about the power back! TCU is another good place that likes to run the ball as well. Fresno State and Georgia Tech are good choices as well

RazorFang 07-14-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdefreitas (Post 2041315555)
I'm looking to start a RTG campaign with a power type running back and was interested in what you guys thought some good schools for that may be. No elite schools, I like being the guy that helps put the program back on the map after a lull (no Tex, Penn St, Ok, etc)

My first thoughts were that I could play FB at Navy, HB at UConn. One of my buddies (a Big Ten/Penn St. fan) recommended I try Wisconsin as he said they typically have a back of that style each year. After watching games last year and seeing some teams play the only others I could really think that would be good options would be Auburn (Bo, Brandon Jacobs, Rudi Johnson, Stephen Davis, Ronnie Brown, etc), Miami or Arkansas.

Anyone???

I think right now I'm leaning towards Wisconsin or Auburn and trying to compete with the Big Ten top schools or SEC top schools. Should make it challenging to rush against the likes of Michigan St or Florida.

Why dont you set up a poll?

jdefreitas 07-14-2010 03:58 PM

Word, thanks bro.

lethallalik10 07-14-2010 04:06 PM

Question: When you compete in practice after you are first string, do you still have the ability to get stat points? (ie. speed +1 carrying +1 and on)

Also, during the week when you use your evening events to do things like study the playbook and you get awareness +5, is that just +5 for your next game, or +5 for just that season, or +5 for your entire career
?

TrapStar215 07-14-2010 04:12 PM

No, once you are the starter practice is worthless!

TrapStar215 07-14-2010 04:15 PM

Couldnt edit my post, I'm doing this from my phone. That's only plus 5 for that game.