Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   It's still just too easy to play defense (on default) (/forums/showthread.php?t=426051)

mva5580 07-14-2010 11:38 AM

It's still just too easy to play defense (on default)

And yes.....I'm fully aware that's why sliders are in the game. I will mess with them and I have no doubts that I will get a good balance once I up the CPU's ability to pass & run. But on All-American in my first 2 games as ND I beat Stanford 24-0 and went to Virginia Tech and won 21-9. Didn't give up a TD in either game and was really never even close to giving up a TD. All of those FG's were 40+ yards.

I was just hoping for a bit more of a "base" challenge that wouldn't require much slider adjustment. But I'll up the CPU passing/running and see how much it helps. And as an aside I really, really enjoy the game, just need to adjust these sliders so I've got a challenge.

And on another unrelated topic......how do I get the Nike jerseys in the game? I downloaded the demo and recommended to a friend, and the demo told me the jerseys had been unlocked. Am I missing something to do? Or am I going to have to re-download the demo and do it again?

jrod1981 07-14-2010 12:05 PM

Re: It's still just too easy to play defense (on default)

Move it to Heisman. All-American was too easy for me as well. Heisman feels just right. I lost to LSU as ARK 14-13 last night. I went for 2 instead of going for the tie.

mva5580 07-14-2010 12:09 PM

I'll give it a shot to see how it goes. I just always have this fear that Heisman is "cheat mode" in the sense that CPU players move faster than their ratings really are, corners who are rated a 75 cover you like they're a 95, stuff like that.

I just want it to be where if I'm a B/B+ team like Notre Dame is rated, that I can beat the teams rated below me and have a hard time with/lose to the teams rated above me. As in if I'm playing a C- team on Heisman, I should still be able to beat them.

boomersooner31 07-14-2010 01:16 PM

I'm in the same boat. Gave up one BS TD in the 3 games I've played on default AA sliders. Granted the three teams I played against were 'Cuse, Army and Rice, they never really threatened. I guess I will adjust the sliders for the next game, but at least I'm having trouble scoring. I scored 20, 23, and 30 points in all 3 games as Rutgers in the first two and SMU in the 3rd. Not bad.

jrod1981 07-14-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mva5580 (Post 2041316497)
I'll give it a shot to see how it goes. I just always have this fear that Heisman is "cheat mode" in the sense that CPU players move faster than their ratings really are, corners who are rated a 75 cover you like they're a 95, stuff like that.

I just want it to be where if I'm a B/B+ team like Notre Dame is rated, that I can beat the teams rated below me and have a hard time with/lose to the teams rated above me. As in if I'm playing a C- team on Heisman, I should still be able to beat them.

I agree in the past Heisman level =cheat mode. I haven't felt that way on this years game playing on Heisman.

On AA this year, the players reaction is a tad delayed where as on Heisman, they seem to react more realitically. I say give it a go for a few exhibition games and see what you think. Mix up your play selection both O and D otherwise the comp will get hip to your tendencies.

stoncold32 07-14-2010 01:29 PM

I'm playing on Starter right now with some sliders in CPU's favor. Still testing though

I tried AA, and it was cool, but I saw too many batted balls from cpu players who shouldnt have been able to get to them.