Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   the "I love this game" thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=426073)

White Out 07-14-2010 12:12 PM

the "I love this game" thread

I find that a lot of this negativity and people ignoring the complaints and bug threads has lead to this forum being strangled by people whining. This is a great colllege football game, and frankly, an amazing game for EA considering how bad the series has been this generation.

So post here if you are shocked and pleasantly surprised how great this game is and want to give EA their earned props.

mva5580 07-14-2010 12:15 PM

Re: the "I love this game" thread

I think you're just choosing to dwell on the negative posts because if anything I'd say the response has been very positive. People are just coming here to discuss potential issues and fixes for those issues; that's what message boards are for. It's never just going to be "Oh Yay! Everything is warm days and sunny rays! Life is grand!" or something along those lines. Nothing is perfect and people are just looking for solutions to faults they find with the game. It happens.

But I would say that overall the reception has been very positive and people are enjoying it very much. In fact I can only remember reading one comment thus far of a person who just flat out said they didn't like the game overall. Everything else has been pretty positive.

bignasty022 07-14-2010 12:17 PM

You're right, the game is awesome!

rockytopper522 07-14-2010 12:18 PM

i love this game even though i haven't gotten to open it yet !

bh446066 07-14-2010 12:18 PM

This is my first "next-gen"/"current gen" football game, and I'm getting the same overwhelmed "Oh my God this looks awesome!" feeling I had when I first got my PS2 and popped in Madden 2002. Played a few practice games last night, and realized I have some old button mashing habits from the PS2 days that I need to break...quickly! It's nice not to have the over-familiarity with the console, b/c I'm just having an unmitigated blast with this game so far. No expectations, no knowledge of previous issues, just brand new and fun. I'm delighted so far.

alifeincomplete 07-14-2010 12:18 PM

I bought it on an impulse yesterday because it meant I'd have to do some roster editing of my own if I were to play it with any level of realism right now... wow, am I impressed! So many things have been improved. I love the really slow speed setting, the presentation, the graphics, the blocking, etc. Locomotion actually makes running relevant and stops having players move like they're ice skating robots. The defensive backs are still a little... funky... but I'm hoping that can be tweaked.

DirtyJerz32 07-14-2010 12:22 PM

I'm loving the game. The run blocking IMO is the best of any football game to date. I love pounding the rock with PSU. Great job EA sports, you guys really stepped up this year. :waytogo:

Now, next year they need to do something with the commentary and bolster the presentation more.

Eski33 07-14-2010 12:23 PM

Yeah, love it. Most fun I have had in a few years....