Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Anybody else on PS3 had this controller issue??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=426089)

stoncold32 07-14-2010 12:48 PM

Anybody else on PS3 had this controller issue???

It didn't happen ALL day yesterday, now when I go into the playcall screen it's as if the right stick just has a mind of it's own and starts scrolling thru my sub packages(spell HB, backup QB, etc.) Thus screwing up my personnel totally when i select a play.

There's no way to stop it once it starts, it does it until you quit the game. I turned my system off and turned it back on, so hopefully that'll help. If not, I dont know what to do.

rspencer86 07-14-2010 12:49 PM

Re: Anybody else on PS3 had this controller issue???

Did you try turning off the controller and turning it back on?

I haven't seen this problem, but I've only played for a few hours.

BaylorBearBryant 07-14-2010 12:50 PM

Wow man, for real? Is this a real question?

http://tinyurl.com/2foyw9f

stoncold32 07-14-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rspencer86 (Post 2041316783)
Did you try turning off the controller and turning it back on?

I haven't seen this problem, but I've only played for a few hours.

Yeah, I tried that the first thing. Soon as I turned it back on, it did it again.

Like I said, first day I had the game it was fine.

BaylorBearBryant 07-14-2010 01:01 PM

Maybe you controller is broken. Have you tried using another controller? Because I don't think anyone else has had this problem.

stoncold32 07-14-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CizzLark (Post 2041316791)
Wow man, for real? Is this a real question?

http://tinyurl.com/2foyw9f

I'm gonna quote this so you can't change it, maybe you'll get a warning. All I did was ask a simple, important question. If you don't have a helpful answer, move it along.

grnmnky86 07-14-2010 01:02 PM

I had a problem like this not on this game but for other games where after depressing a button or stick direction it would just keep going with the same action for awhile.

I ended up having to reset the controller. Not sure if this will help your issue but i haven't had the issue again.

woodjer 07-14-2010 01:07 PM

Couple things to try or think about...

a) When this has happened to me, I kinda smack it (the right stick) the other direction and it helps. I think sometimes dust gets settled in there and throws whatever sensor they have off. Make sure you have a good grip on the controller with the other hand...don't need it flying across the room. ...and yes, I am being serious here.

b) When you're starting the game up, make sure that nothing is pushing the controller in a particular direction. I've had this happen with the Wii and figured out that it's because as the system starts up, it calibrates the stick based on it's position.

If those don't work, I'm not sure what to tell you...maybe dry shooting some compressed air in around the stick?