Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   From the Desk of the Sports Geek: I'm an Addict (/forums/showthread.php?t=426224)

RaychelSnr 07-14-2010 05:04 PM

From the Desk of the Sports Geek: I'm an Addict

Picture it: It's 1990. You’re a husky freshman at a high school in Middle America. You’re not part of the "it" crowd, but you’re not a complete nerd either.

You’ve worked hard to make in-roads with the jocks by talking their talk –- "Hey, did you see Berman and Patrick on SportsCenter last night? Awesome!" or "Did you see Nolan Ryan no-hit the A’s?"

But still, you did not quite fit in, especially with the girls. Then one day, out of the blue, Miss Popularity -- the girl all the guys want to date and all the other girls want to be -- talks to you. She’s caught you right as you’re getting your algebra book from your locker, and omigosh, she’s asking you to help her with her history project.

Pulling your trusty Trapper Keeper from its place in the top section of your locker, you forget that it is bulging with a personal treasure that could unfortunately ruin your social life forever. Then the unthinkable happens.

Read More - From the Desk of the Sports Geek: I'm an Addict

jeffmanqb3 07-14-2010 05:24 PM

Wow. That's a great article.

tomzenns 07-14-2010 05:44 PM

I loved Oldtime Baseball. It was made by Stormfront Studios, same as early Tony LaRussa games I think. I don't hear or see anything about OB ever.

But yea, this article ruled.

stlstudios189 07-14-2010 06:43 PM

I used to keep track of all my stats as well man. I would set up a fake schedule for my team and keep track of my record and record all my player stats. I actually typed out this and saved a league history that I keep to this day. I was a total nerd as well but, thankfully I was able to land girls as well.

Gleebo 07-14-2010 07:06 PM

Old time baseball was a great game tomzenns, I had every baseball sim that ever came out. I have been playing Strat-O-Matic for over 30 years now! Its the king of all baseball games.

texbuk84 07-14-2010 07:22 PM

i used to keep track of stats also. bring back some great memories

Uncle Stumpy 07-14-2010 08:07 PM

Good article, but considering you're an editor, that should be expected :-p lol. I too recorded my stats. Even rolled dice for attendance, and even priced tickets to see how much my team made that game. I can't wait until Owner mode comes to current gen. I'd love a true expansion mode where you build a team from the ground up, marketing, everything.

Soul Engine 07-14-2010 08:21 PM

Great article.

I started on the Sega Genesis with Bill Walsh College Football.

Those were the days!!!