Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Pump Fake Question (/forums/showthread.php?t=426275)

VTPack919 07-14-2010 06:50 PM

Pump Fake Question

I have been playing college football since the Bill Walsh days so I am not new to this series at all. I have purchased every college football game since then.

I never really use the pump fake at all, in any football game. I am trying to start using it now and the CPU never seems to bite on it. Is it more of a cosmetic feature or will the CPU start biting eventually? I just don't want to waste my time in the pocket trying a pump fake if it will never open up some space for my wide outs...

Thanks for the responses guys!

Strummer101er 07-14-2010 07:05 PM

Re: Pump Fake Question

Pump fakes work better against DBs and safeties who have low awareness.

I like to use a few scripted pump-and-go plays every game, usually with an extra blocker or two so I don't get sacked while I'm pump-faking. Every now and then a DB will bite and you'll have a receiver wide open by 10 yards.

(You can see how well pump fakes work in practice. Use replay and watch the DBs -- you can sometimes see them bite.)

Gotmadskillzson 07-14-2010 07:37 PM

Re: Pump Fake Question

Yeah pump fakes and play action work VERY WELL against a secondary with low awareness. One time I had a CB, SS & OLB bite on a pump fake. They all went to jump this under route but completely forgot about the other WR that went pass them until he was 15 yards down the field heading into the endzone.