Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Recruits and Equipment (/forums/showthread.php?t=426435)

j_tinkler21 07-15-2010 01:15 AM

Recruits and Equipment

When I first saw the equipment updates to this year's edition, I thought it was a great touch to see the OL with the knee braces, QBs with hand towels, and the punter with his hand warmer. But as I'm playing through my dynasty (now in year 4, so it's almost all new players) I'm noticing that the equipment is going away (example: OL don't have the knee braces anymore without editing). Maybe it's just me and I'm not seeing it. If anyone else is having different results, feel free to comment.

Just a minor issue, but I think it'd be pretty cool to see these things maintained with recruits.

dan_457 07-15-2010 01:18 AM

Re: Recruits and Equipment

I haven't checked my Freshmans equipment so far, but it was screwed up last year, the equipment incoming freshman would have was just ridiculous, so this wouldn't be a surprise.

Pogo27 07-15-2010 01:26 AM

In last year's game, you could edit the appearance of your players in dynasty mode, online and offline. You should be able to do it this year as well.

Tyrell-PMC 07-15-2010 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pogo27 (Post 2041321673)
In last year's game, you could edit the appearance of your players in dynasty mode, online and offline. You should be able to do it this year as well.

Thats not the point though. You shouldn't have to go in and edit all Freshmen to give them equipment, it should be done already.

Pogo27 07-15-2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrell-PMC (Post 2041321729)
Thats not the point though. You shouldn't have to go in and edit all Freshmen to give them equipment, it should be done already.

Well are they coming in with NO equipment, or is just sparse equipment?

If you want your incoming players wearing different equipment, then equip them.

j_tinkler21 07-15-2010 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pogo27 (Post 2041321772)
Well are they coming in with NO equipment, or is just sparse equipment?

If you want your incoming players wearing different equipment, then equip them.

Put it this way, I thought all the OL wearing knee braces was a nice realism touch, as all (or most, at least) college OL wear knee braces to save their knees from being rolled up on and severely injured. When you recruit in new OL, they don't have the braces on (at least none that I have gotten do). It's not game-breaking or anything like that, but I would think EA could have simply put in that all OL recruits have braces by default just to keep this cool little touch of realism.

I know that I can edit the equipment and change it to whatever I want, but I really don't want to do it every year for every recruit and that's why I haven't. I just think it would be cool to see things like the braces for OL (which are pretty much a constant among OL) on OL recruits by default.

sniperhare 07-15-2010 02:15 AM

I don't like seeing the knee braces, I know they wear them on the field, but it makes me think they're injured.