Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Can't score against zone defense (/forums/showthread.php?t=426458)

rickmitchell22 07-15-2010 02:49 AM

Can't score against zone defense

Anyone have tips on how to move the ball against a zone defense? It seems no matter where I throw the ball, someone is there to tip it, intercept it, or tackle my guy. Sometimes even if they have no stars in the secondary. Problem is running against the zone doesn't do much either. I try calling zones in response, but they are able to pass right around them easily. is there a certain zone in this game that is hard to beat?

cubsball899 07-19-2010 04:24 PM

Re: Can't score against zone defense

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickmitchell22 (Post 2041321996)
Anyone have tips on how to move the ball against a zone defense? It seems no matter where I throw the ball, someone is there to tip it, intercept it, or tackle my guy. Sometimes even if they have no stars in the secondary. Problem is running against the zone doesn't do much either. I try calling zones in response, but they are able to pass right around them easily. is there a certain zone in this game that is hard to beat?

sliders are your friend... just make it a bit easier for awhile, you'll improve to the point where it is too easy and then you can tilt the sliders back to the CPU

of course thats only if you're playing the CPU

rickmitchell22 07-19-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cubsball899 (Post 2041345943)
sliders are your friend... just make it a bit easier for awhile, you'll improve to the point where it is too easy and then you can tilt the sliders back to the CPU

of course thats only if you're playing the CPU

Im talking online. Everyone sits in zone.

DavonBrown 07-20-2010 12:00 PM

Find the hole. Deep middle is there on Coer 2/3. Crossing routes should also work well in Cover 3.

wareischris 07-27-2010 01:52 AM

right before the play look at the safeties. If you have 1 high then its probably some form of cover 3.

If you have 2 high than its probably some form of cover 2. Against cover 2 the corner route is usually pretty deadly.

figure out what works against certain defenses than take advantage of that

KC_Classic7807 07-30-2010 02:29 AM

Check what zone it is 1st lol the funny thing was i read this thread and thought to myself, I never see zones what is this guy talking about? but sure enough the next game in my season I seen zone. At 1st I though yeah this guy is right theres no way to beat the zone. But this was before I remember that all zones are the same in football C2 C3 and C4 there are also other zones but they are situational but they have the same consept I think the best way to beat zones are to spread the ball around a be patient. Trust me I know It so frusterating throwing to the guys with no star and they do not catch. Just have faith, They will start catching them, My last game acually came down to the last drive of the game. 3 down and goal 10 sec left I just threw 2 inc. the play before. I was sure it was over. I dropped back looked at my star reciever was going to force a pass, didnt I checked him off, went to the next man checked him off and then I seen it my man, in the white jerset yellow pants wide open. It sate right between the corner and dime back, TOUCHDOWN!!!