Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   This game is hard (/forums/showthread.php?t=426497)

NumeroUnoFSU 07-15-2010 08:06 AM

This game is hard

I play as FSU and Miami absolutely smoked me 28-0 on All-American. Their DLine gave me fits the whole game and I absolutely could not stop them on offense.

What am I doing wrong on this year's game? I've never taken a beating like that on any NCAA game.

I played them in a rematch and lost 21-10.

NumeroUnoFSU 07-15-2010 08:20 AM

Re: This game is hard

Any advice is appreciated.

Randiesel75 07-15-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NumeroUnoFSU (Post 2041322631)
Any advice is appreciated.

you impatiently waited 14 minutes and then bumped this since no one replied yet?

Others report the game is easy and All-American on slow yield the most realistic results. For you, have you considered dropping down a level and getting more practice in to perfect your game?

JMBOO 07-15-2010 08:33 AM

Well, I would say just go into grind it out mode and try to keep Miami's stud QB/HB combo off of the field. Try not to let Ponder have to pass too much, as, while he is pretty accurate, his arm is not that strong (only 86 THP I think).

Just try short stuff and run that Hoss HB FSU has. Just make sure you let the line make their blocks before you go up in the hole, as, they are pretty good about that now.

When you run the ball, it will actually show you how the blocking assingments are going to be played out when you look at the play pre-snap (very fantastic, by the way) so make sure you study it a little before you snap the ball.

Also, when running into the hole, push forward on the right analog stick, as this will allow you to bounce off of would be tacklers and looks sweet to boot.

When passing, really try not to let Ponder have to throw it deep, as he has to wind up to make any type of long throw. Also, you can really throw over coverage and into spots much better this year, so, even if a guy looks covered, he still has a chance to get it if you throw him a good pass, although FSU's receiving core is pretty suspect. Also, look for the FB out of the backfield. He is pretty tough.

Also, make sure to go into practice mode and practice vs Miami's D, then take FSU's D and practice vs Miami's O.

Disclaimer: This is just what I have found that works for me after playing about 20 games with the Seminoles, so, hopefully it helps you beat those convicts in Miami, but, it just as easily may not work for you at all.

coolbreez35 07-15-2010 08:39 AM

The game can be really hard if you play strait up and not try and cheese the cpu it not easy if you play it like that.......

TheBGDurham 07-15-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NumeroUnoFSU (Post 2041322593)
I play as FSU and Miami absolutely smoked me 28-0 on All-American. Their DLine gave me fits the whole game and I absolutely could not stop them on offense.

What am I doing wrong on this year's game? I've never taken a beating like that on any NCAA game.

I played them in a rematch and lost 21-10.

I have had the same problem, while I did not get "smoked" I have lost ever game I've played as FSU vs Florida and Miami. I personally thought that it had something to do with rivalry games being more difficult, or something. But I' catching up to the learning curve. Can't do a lot of things you could do last year. You're deffinately not going to be able to air it out like you could last year with FSU ( at least I was able to ). Just keep working on it. If you're not putting up any points. Do what they said, lower the level, slide some sliders, practice mode. Everyone looses so it's no biggie :)

sportyguyfl31 07-15-2010 08:44 AM

Adapt and overcome.

Ive spent more time in practice mode, the last 2 days, then in actual gameplay.

Weve all been able to get away with a lot of bad habits over the past few years.

Its about time, really.

Jistic 07-15-2010 08:58 AM

I was actually thinking the opposite. ON default AA this game is a cakewalk.

I beat Alabama as UCLA
I crushed Oregon 45-7 as USC
I was crushing FSU as Miami 31-7 at halftime and quit the other day.

I do think the sliders work which is good. The pass coverage is way too good on the human side of the ball, but messing with it gives some good results.

The one thing I wish there was a slider for was fumbles. CPU fumbles 3-4 times a game it seems.