Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How is offline dynasty mode? (/forums/showthread.php?t=426514)

jlneste 07-15-2010 09:44 AM

How is offline dynasty mode?

I do not have the game and I was wanting to get some opinions on this years offline dynasty mode. I strictly play offline dynasty with my favorite team Ohio State. But how is it this year?

Is recruiting still too easy?
How is progression?
Do you feel a sense of urgency in big games? (ex. OSU v. Michigan, bowl games)
How are the recruits? More balanced or realistic? (ex. 4* C's not being 5'10" 250 lbs.)
Are you able to get realistic stats? (stats are a big thing for me)
What about Heisman winners?

Just let me know what you think of it. Good or bad, I want to make an informed decision as to if I should get it this year. In all honesty I am leaning towards not getting it, simply since Madden's offline franchise mode was not updated and my favorite thing was to bring guys from the NCAA game into Madden and build both my NCAA program and my NFL franchise.

Let me know your thoughts!

cmurr 07-15-2010 09:51 AM

Re: How is offline dynasty mode?

Yes, it's good... Get the game.

jlneste 07-15-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmurr (Post 2041322961)
Yes, it's good... Get the game.

Would you like to expand on that????

hawkeye2188 07-15-2010 10:12 AM

Fun so far, seems a little more in depth recruiting wise. Like he said, its a good game get it. Dont base getting a game on others opinions.

demon19000 07-15-2010 10:25 AM

I haven't played dynasty mode yet, but I can tell you the gameplay is very good in rivalry games, and overall better than years past.

I have heard that progression has been toned down, and that recruiting is more challenging.

For more reliable impressions, I would go to the retail impressions at the top, and read through that a bit. There's some good insight there. Overall, I'd reccommend getting the game in your case.

cmurr 07-15-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlneste (Post 2041323035)
Would you like to expand on that????

not really... It's a good game man. If you don't believe it, rent it before you buy it.

metallicatz 07-15-2010 10:55 AM

I'm only a couple games into my dynasty as Baylor and am about to have a big rivalry game with TCU in their stadium so I can't comment yet about the urgency of a big game. But I find the recruiting process to be more enjoyable with the new system. Definitely more depth as a whole. I didn't get the game last year for whatever reason but this is an NCAA game not to be missed. Feels quite different on the field and off (in a good way), and looks gorgeous.