Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Playing defense now is fun (/forums/showthread.php?t=426573)

dragon4ever 07-15-2010 12:34 PM

Playing defense now is fun

And it's because of the lock-on feature. Amazing how a simple change such as a camera angle can alter the gameplay. For the first time in a football game, I actually look forward to playing defense, and it's more rewarding when I make play on defense than on the offense.

henrynick66 07-15-2010 12:37 PM

Re: Playing defense now is fun

I do agree with you. I really enjoy playing defense now. Its not because of the lock-on feature (that was in the game last year, not sure if you knew that), but because defense just feels different now.

Boltman 07-15-2010 12:56 PM

What is this lock on feature you guys are talking about? Can you please explain it a bit more. I am not sure if I am already aware of this or not and you guys are just calling it something other than what I call it.

Boltman 07-15-2010 12:58 PM

Wait, does lock on mean you just control one player only on defense?

NoDakHusker 07-15-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltman (Post 2041323982)
Wait, does lock on mean you just control one player only on defense?

Right, player lock. It was in 10 as well lol. Press down on the left stick to lock on to the player selected(whoever you want). This works for both offense and defense.
It can be for one play or you can do it for the whole game if you want.

Boltman 07-15-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndhusker90 (Post 2041323988)
Right, player lock. It was in 10 as well lol. Press down on the left stick to lock on to the player selected(whoever you want). This works for both offense and defense.
It can be for one play or you can do it for the whole game if you want.

How do you set it so it holds for the entire game? On offense I would never want to do that, but on defense however. It sounds very intriguing.

NoDakHusker 07-15-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltman (Post 2041324006)
How do you set it so it holds for the entire game? On offense I would never want to do that, but on defense however. It sounds very intriguing.

I'm not sure if you can set it for the entire game. I haven't really looked for an option either, so when I get the chance I'll check that out.

DirtyCobra 07-15-2010 01:07 PM

I agree totally. I am new to NCAA football and I have to admit this feature is awesome. I played Backbreaker and playing D in that game was very good. The same can be said for this game. I love playing MLB and reading the play and making crusher tackles.